Continuous Improvement Manager
Battle Creek, MI
$110,000 - $120,000 / yr
Plant Continuous Improvement Manager Summary:
The Continuous Improvement Manager will coordinate and lead the continuous improvement initiatives. They are responsible for waste identification and elimination across the plant and have the ability to work cross functionally with other departments.
Plant Continuous Improvement Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving continuous Improvement and delivering manufacturing improvements.
- Building project plan to CI projects, including resources, timeline, critical paths, etc.
- Ability to work with and/or manage cross-functional teams to define and plan scope for projects from initiation through implementation and operational transition.
- Capable of developing and documenting new business processes and/or optimizing existing processes as required.
- Strong focus on process improvement for Operations.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities and quantify their costs and benefits.
- Utilize Six Sigma, Lean and other process improvement tools.
- Provides training and mentorship to employees utilizing Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques.
- Performing gap analysis to identify deficiencies in business processes and recommending adjustments.
- Linking process deficiencies directly to bottom line impact.
- Driving resolution of process deficiencies using statistical and financial justification.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Plant Continuous Improvement Manager Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in a Manufacturing facility. Prefer to have Automotive Industry experience.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Improvement and Lean-Tools and proven track record of implementation.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Experience with Lean / Six Sigma Systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and decision making ability.
- Effective and professional communication and organization skills.
- Hands-on experience using Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement methods (LEAN, TPM, Six Sigma, TQM).
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields