Construction Project Manager
$90,000 - $115,000 / yr
Project Manager job description
Our client is looking for a Project Manager to step-in & help oversee their commercial construction projects from the conception stage through construction and completion of the project, while making sure that project teams meet quality, schedule, contractual, and budget goals. Experience in commercial renovations, hospitality, repurposing of older buildings will be required.
The Project Manager sustains client relations by providing weekly project updates and facilitates any communication between the architectural, design, and construction team and the client. The Project Manager oversees project range, budgets, schedules and client expectations for commercial renovations and new-builds. They will facilitate meetings, observe project performance and coordinate workload through the entire project to complete documents on schedule.
The Project Manager is also responsible for studying the financial aspect of projects; prioritizing profitability of the overall project. Project Managers will work closely with the Managing Partner to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have proven experience in project management for 5+ years in commercial construction (General Contractor capacity) – and the ability to lead project teams of various sizes. A Project Management, Construction Management or Construction Engineering Degree is required.
● Time Management: You will be working with employees, clients and Partners simultaneously.
● Budgeting: Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget in almost every field. You will need to be confident in using math skills to make sure you know where your company’s money is going.
● Analytical Skills: You will also need analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
● Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
● Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
● Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
● Ensure resource availability and allocation
● Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
● Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
● Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
● Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
● Facilitate change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
● Proven working experience in project management for 5 or more years in commercial construction.
● Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
● Experience in commercial renovations, hospitality, repurposing of older buildings required
● Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
● Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
● Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an advantage but not required
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields