Construction Director – Residential Remodel
$120,000 - $180,000 / yr
They are part real-estate / part-contractor, and their company has been growing in Nashville for over 20 years with plans to expand into surrounding states/cities. Their people are among the most intelligent & driven in the industry & if you think you may be open to a position that can match their energy/drive then we want to speak to you.
This position is for a sharp, high energy team leader who has the gift to organize, grow and lead a construction division for this company who manages multiple projects simultaneously.
This position is for someone who enjoys managing processes, budgets, and deadlines and loves assembling, developing and organizing construction teams. An in-depth knowledge of residential construction is important, and the ability to create / follow procedures/processes for consistent results is vital.
Position: Director of Construction (DOC)
Project Type: Residential home remodel – average project cost $30k
Regional scope: Mid-Tn and upper AL (currently)
Manage # Projects: Average 20-30 projects simultaneously operating at any one time.
Staff Reporting to you: PMs, Estimators, Inspectors along with Admin Support staff
Who you report to: President of Construction
Compensation: Potential for $150k with salary/bonus/bene package.
Software: UDA or United Design Software beneficial but not required.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead, Manage, Drive Accountability (LMA) for Field Project Managers, Pre-Construction Managers, Property Inspectors, Purchasing Manager, Construction Assistant, and subcontractors by company Core Values
- Responsible for hiring and onboarding new Construction Team Members
- Responsible for ensuring homes are completed at or below budget and at or above acceptable quality standards that will allow them to be marketable and sold or rented quickly
- Responsible for ensuring homes are completed on time or early according to the construction schedule
- Responsible for budget, invoice, and Team Member incentive approvals
- Responsible for finding new vendors and establishing business relationships
- Ensuring vendors have necessary tax and insurance documents
- Ensuring renovation pricing matrix is updated quarterly
- Responsible for deploying the vision and any new initiatives set forth by the CEO
- Accountable for Construction Division meeting profitability expectations
- Accountable for Construction Division Scorecard performance
- Accountable for the Construction Team reporting construction specific scorecard metrics as well as project specific metrics
- Accountable for ensuring excellent communication between Construction and other departments
- Operate at a high level as measured by Company Core Values
- Meet or exceed scorecard metrics benchmarks
- Progress through the onboarding process in line with expected performance mastery milestones
- Run a profitable Construction Division
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields