Community Construction Manager
$75,000 - $85,000 / yr
We are seeking a CONSTRUCTION MANAGER in the Sarasota and Manatee area to supervise all functions of job site home construction in various communities as assigned.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE!
This position offers great career growth opportunities as well as an excellent benefits package. Here are the benefits our team members enjoy!
- Excellent Compensation Package
- Health Care – Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401(K) with Company Matching Contributions
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Employee Home Purchase Discount Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A highly awarded Southwest Florida regional homebuilder with over 45 years of experience in residential homebuilding.
- Awarded 2019 and 2020 Best Places to Work.
- Awarded 2015 Builder of the Year by Professional Builder Magazine.
- An industry leader and innovator having built over 15,000 homes throughout Manatee, Sarasota, Lee and Collier counties.
- Awarded America’s Best Builder in 2012 by Builder Magazine. This distinguished honor recognizes as among the best homebuilders in the nation. Awarded only to the very best builders, was recognized by a panel of judges for offering the highest quality building and design, as well as customer and community service.
- Current leader in the Bradenton and Sarasota Markets with over 30% market share.
- Our purpose is to build beautiful communities, superior homes & lasting customer relationships. We stand behind our standards and service and also our commitment to the greater good.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the overall community (or communities) home construction schedule to ensure the timely completion of houses in a quality manner.
- Manage and schedule trade partners while continually monitoring and enforcing safety, quality and cost standards.
- Use scheduling software to prescribe and update accurate schedule daily.
- Review homes daily to ensure readiness for next trade partner, completion of work by a subcontractor, and to determine status per production schedule.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work site that meets the standards and is visually appealing.
- Train and manage assigned Construction Manager Assistant.
- Reduce waste and limit additional expenditures on the construction site.
- Provide industry leading customer service during the construction process.
- Ensure a safe worksite that aligns with all safety guidelines and other regulatory requirements.
- Encourage and foster a team environment with effective communication and problem solving when needed.
- Effectively execute company policies and construction standards to ensure uniformity and quality results.
- Ensure homes are complete without any outstanding identified deficiencies and conduct orientations with customers.
- Schedule, manage and adhere to all local and state inspections and building codes.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction, Business or other related field is preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with a production homebuilder.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to lift, carry, push and pull 20/60/100 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain.
- Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- The ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Continuous walking, standing and moving about.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
All employees will support the organization’s mission and vision by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration and innovation, respect, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace Employer.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields