This Company is one of the Top National Construction firms and is currently seeking a Superintendent that will be responsible for leading Tenant Improvement and/or Adaptive Re-use projects in and around the Southeast / Eastern US region.
As an employee, you would have the opportunity to manage all of the administrative tasks associated with construction and field operations for your project from day one. Their goal will be to empower you in the field and give you, as well as the rest of your Project team, all the tools you’ll need to bring your project to completion on schedule, within budget, and per the project specifications!
They are dedicated to the well-being of our associates and are proud to be consistently recognized as a “Best Place to Work” company. Their compensation and benefits package not only supports their associates and their families but benefits local communities and communities around the world.
- Vehicle allowance, per diem, and living expenses on traveling jobs
- An airplane ticket home every 2 weeks when traveling
- Business expenses and mileage reimbursement
- Industry-leading performance-based bonus program
- Generously funded profit sharing
- Traditional and Roth 401k
- Tuition reimbursement for associates
- Scholarship for associates’ children up to $28,000 per child
- 1-month paid sabbatical after every five years of employment, plus $5,000 for travel
- 1-week paid volunteer leave each year
- 100% charitable match
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 100% paid 10-week maternity leave
They are one of the fastest-growing, privately owned companies in America, completing over 4,000 design/build projects across 48 states. They ranked in the Top 10 (out of the top 100) design/build companies in the U.S. and Top 50 on the ENR Top 400 Contractors list of 2020.
More importantly, their clients trust them and want to do business with them repeatedly. They are looking for people with the same enthusiasm, passion, and respect for hard work that brought them to where they are today.
A PEEK INTO THE POSITION:
- Attend the post-award review meeting to receive project information and details for preplanning before construction
- Participate with the project manager in preparing a schedule of construction activities and their sequence, the organization structure, staff selection, and the manpower and construction equipment requirements of the project
- Direct and control the total construction project to meet specifications and within the allotted time schedule in an efficient manner to produce the expected profit
- Assist the project manager in their duties including prompt shipment of materials and permanent equipment and obtaining approvals of shop drawings and material samples
- Coordinate the activities of subcontractors to permit them to perform their work effectively and to integrate it with project schedules and progress
- Inform all supervisors and subcontractors promptly of any construction schedule changes
- Assist in the preparation of all job progress and cost reports to accurately reflect actual costs
- Review and approve all requisitions, field purchase orders, invoices, and other significant reports and documents
- Cooperate with the owner and his representatives, keeping them informed of construction progress
- Cooperate with architects or owner representatives on an amicable basis, but in the long-term interest of the company
- Report regularly to the project manager to keep them constantly informed on job progress, plans, and problems that could significantly affect costs or schedules
- Maintain a daily diary to permanently record all significant project facts, events, conditions, visitors, owner representative contacts, commitments, agreements, and approvals
- Direct adherence to the company’s safety program in all phases and areas of the project
- Organize people, tools, and equipment and plan/manage multiple activities to accomplish desired results
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes, making necessary changes, using customer input to make improvements, and meeting/exceeding internal and external customer expectations
- Act in a manner of integrity that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer requirements and expectations
- 5-25 years of construction experience, with at least 5 of those years as a lead superintendent on commercial / industrial jobs
- Computer skills: proficiency in using Word, Excel, Outlook, and project scheduling programs