Commercial Construction Superintendent
$90,000 - $120,000 / yr
This company is one of the oldest, most established GCs in the middle-Tn area with a broad range of clientele and project types. Their portfolio reads from commercial retail, restaurant, corporate office, educational projects to mixed-use & high-rise hospitality/multifamily. They are based in the Nashville TN area and have one of the best reputations and repeat clientele a company could ask for with over 50 years of history.
They are currently interviewing for a Superintendent and would like to talk to YOU – if you would like to work locally (only) and possess some of the attributes listed below.
The Commercial Superintendent will have between 5-15+ years of experience building ground-up/new commercial projects with experience in site work to core/shell through build-out and c/o.
The Superintendent will help Plan, develop and manage project schedules, maintain budgets, and site safety activities in partnership with project manager & executive team.
The ideal candidate will also coordinate subcontractors and vendors, subcontractor agreements, supervise construction projects from design through project completion. The majority of projects will revolve around restaurant, retail, commercial office & hospitality type structures with ground-up and build-out (T/I) construction approach.
Construction Management (or similar) Bachelors degree preferred. Must be proficient at computer skills and the use of scheduling software.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Procore Construction Management Software (Experience is a plus)
- Minimum of five-ten (5-10+) years in a commercial construction site-management role (5-10+ years Experience in commercial, multifamily and/or high-rise hospitality projects preferred)
- Ability to manage projects while interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, engineers, city officials, and clients
- Proactive management of project schedules
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that project a positive attitude for effective communication with clients, colleagues, subcontractors, vendors, and inspectors
- Ability to positively lead, support, and motivate a team of subcontractors on any given project
- Capable of clearly explaining steps, provide clear direction, and answering questions about construction processes to employees and subcontractors pertaining to specific jobs
- Ability to read and interpret technical construction documents in addition to blueprints, finish schedules, submittals, and equipment specs
- This is a Senior site management position and does not require working knowledge of hand and power tools
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields