CNC Repair Technician
El Cajon, CA
$35 - $45
JOB TITLE: CNC Repair Technician
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: General Manager
Perform a wide variety of tasks associated with repairing or resolving issues with most CNC machine tools and other equipment. Use precision test equipment to analyze, troubleshoot, and repair intermediate mechanical and electrical problems. Intermediate knowledge of the operation of CNC controls from different manufacturers. Work closely with customers, vendors, OEM’s, and other “OUR CLIENT” personnel. Independently organize and complete the work required to repair machine tools and other equipment. Train and assist level 1- Equipment Repair technicians, other level-2 Equipment Repair technicians, and preventive maintenance technicians. Must have a good working knowledge and/or skills to a moderate degree of accuracy. Troubleshoot and repair electrical and electronic circuitry to a component level safely. Perform a variety of specialized machine tool and equipment repair processes.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK PERFORMED:
- Level and alignment of machines and other various equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair of major machine tool and equipment problems.
- Disassemble, repair and rebuild equipment sub-assemblies and assemblies.
- Organize, tag and mark components for future assembly.
- Identify, repair or replace damaged components.
- Report activities and expenses timely and accurately.
- Some Servo system tuning ability.
- Train other employees for advancement.
- Train customers on operation and maintenance of CNC control systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting and repair of electrical and electronic circuitry.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, OEM’s and “OUR CLIENT” personnel.
- Accurate and timely reporting of job related hours and expenses.
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized.
- Work with very limited supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
INSTRUCTIONS, METHODS AND PROCEDURES USED:
Work assignment via dispatched Work Orders. Most technical instruction will come from fellow Equipment Repair technicians, Equipment Repair Leads or OEM support personnel, OEM Maintenance Manuals or Training class documentation.
RELATIONS TO OTHERS:
Customer relations – Production Management and operators.
OEM relations – Management, maintenance support, parts personnel.
“OUR CLIENT” relations – Maintenance Management, purchasing support, internal Administration, Equipment Repair Leads, Other Equipment Repair Technicians, Preventative Maintenance and assembly technicians.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB:
- Advanced machine tool and equipment knowledge and terminology.
- 5 or more years of experience in machine tool and equipment maintenance.
- Associates degree in electronic engineering or related field of study–experience may be substituted for the education.
- Complete knowledge of machine tool and equipment mechanical systems and components.
- Ability to read and analyze mechanical assembly drawings and blueprints.
- Full understanding of equipment specifications and have an adequate knowledge of test equipment.
- Mechanical hand tools and tool box.
- Fork Lift, Scissor Lift, and Boom lift Training and Certification
- Intermediate knowledge of parametric programming and ladder logic.
- Extensive knowledge of customer’s safety practices and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools and some power tools.
- Working knowledge of production applications processes and programming.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of “OUR CLIENT” company policies.
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Moderate troubleshooting abilities.
- In depth understanding of CNC controls and functions.
- Ability to read and understand electrical assembly drawings and schematics.
- Frequent reaching, bending, and stooping.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
High School diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires minimum one-year mechanical background with CNC equipment repair noted above. Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
“OUR CLIENT” MACHINE TOOL SOLUTIONS OFFERS COMPETITIVE WAGES AND EXCELLENT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Training & Tuition Reimbursement
- Company paid Uniforms and Cell Phones
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays.
- Health Insurance, Vision, Life, Dental, Long & Short-Term Disability, 401k Profit Sharing
- Referral Bonus Program of $2500
- A Positive Work Environment
ABOUT “OUR CLIENT” MACHINE TOOL SOLUTIONS
“OUR CLIENT” Machine Tool Solutions is a provider of machine tools and services specializing in helping customers maximize their production requirements through unique solutions. Established in 1989, we are known nationwide as the premier provider in the areas of unique machine builds, CNC retrofitting, machine rebuilding, and machine tool services and repair. At “OUR CLIENT”, you will have the opportunity to work alongside the most talented leaders in the Machine Tool Industry. We are looking for passionate people to join our team, who are excited to help us build the future generation of this industry. Our passion is in solving customer’s problems and creating unique solutions that no other company can provide. In order to accomplish our goal of being the best, we understand our people have to be our #1 asset and we are fully committed to investing in your success.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields