Clinical Supervisor – Hospice
The Hospice Nurse Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that patient care is coordinated and managed appropriately according to state and federal guidelines. Ensure that patient and family care services are delivered appropriately and for the supervision of home care medical and support staff. They will be a resource person by providing subject matter expertise and quality practices for home health services and provide education and training, as applicable. They will be expected to review and monitor operations and clinician activity reports and address areas for improvement for a plan of action.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization
- Provides guidance and assistance to staff in all matters relating to the delivery of home Health/hospice services to assure that regulatory, quality, and practice standards are maintained.
- Is responsible for the day to day operations and assist with scheduling of all field clinicians under their supervision.
- Assist clinicians with maintaining a safe, patient-family centered care
- Prepares and leads case conference/IDT meeting with Homecare/Hospice personnel to facilitate coordination of care and discussion of interdisciplinary group involvement.
- Assists in the formulating, revising, implementing, and evaluating organization policies, procedures, in-services, goals and objectives.
- Evaluates performance of team members under their direction; coaches, counsels and disciplines within accordance of Human Resources policies
- Participates in leadership and committee meetings as assigned
- Reports to and assist the director in overall management of the department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Associates degree, preferred
- Registered Nurse license required
- Needs to have at least 2 years hospice and 1 year supervisor experience
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Willingness to serve on-call
- Must have reliable transportation & valid driver’s license
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields