Civil/Structural Forensic Engineer – Dallas / Ft Worth
We are seeking a Civil/Structural Engineer in the Dallas / Ft Worth area that is intrested in Forensics.
This engineer must be licensed in Texas to perform forensic engineering work for clients throughout the region. The engineer will be expected to evaluate the cause of failure, extent of damage, and options for repair in a variety of construction-related circumstances. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Evaluate the scope of repair and repair options
- Evaluate the cause and extent of damage following storms, natural disasters, fires/explosions, construction/design defects, and accidents.
- Effectively communicate opinions in writing and verbally, and sometimes as courtroom testimony
- Effectively and patiently communicate technical matters to laypersons and attorneys
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- 5 years of civil/structural engineering experience; Forensic experience preferred but not required.
- Licensed Texas Professional Engineer (P.E.), required
- Must be willing and able to perform steep-slope roof inspections, including using rope and harness (training provided)
- Must be able to work independently, efficiently manage your time, and meet deadlines on multiple concurrent projects
- Must be able to quickly adapt to change to meet business needs
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to interact with clients and employees, at all levels of the organization, effectively, persuasively, and tactfully
- Proficiency in other civil engineering branches such as soils, drainage, pavements, and hydraulics is highly desired
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills with attention to detail and high quality of work in a pressured environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills. Public speaking is a must; effective report writing is critical
- Proven project management, data interpretation, and technical writing skills
- Ability to travel and support project needs both in and out of state
- Demonstrated intermediate-level computer skills
APPLY NOW AND TAKE YOUR CAREER TO THE NEXT LEVEL!!
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields