Heavy Cilvil Estimator
$90,000 - $105,000 / yr
We are a leader and an expert in the area of Site Development, Bridge, Highway and other Transportation Construction Projects
Responsibilities:The person must be able to review civil drawings and specifications for a wide range of public and commercial projects.
- Review of preliminary and final civil construction plans in preparation for bid proposals
- Review appropriate municipal specifications
- Perform quantity takeoffs of earthwork, grading, paving, utilities and site concrete for private and public sector projects
- Obtain and review vendor quotations
- Various office tasks related to construction estimating on an as needed basis
· Prepare and order bid documents
· Familiarize oneself with project site and scope of work
· Work quantity take-offs and take accurate field measurements
· Calculate project cost analysis per plans and specifications and/or field measurements
· Obtain and analyze subcontractor quotes
· Perform all duties for complete preparation of project bids
· Office to field liaison
· Attend owner/general contractor pre-construction meetings
· Prepare and maintain correspondence and documentation
· Assist in collection of receivables
· Establish and maintain an open line of communication with customers, i.e. Homeowners, Business Owners, Condo Associations, General Contractors, Engineers, Developers, Landscape Architects, etc.
· Understand and analyze detailed bid specifications, schematics, and drawings
· Prepare accurate estimates/packages for projects
· Assist Operations with scheduling, job layout, and change order preparation
· Track progress of multiple bids and bid results
· Oversee and manage change orders during project progression
· Oversee and manage project closeouts at completion
· Deliver accurate and timely estimates/bid proposals to clients
· Maintain positive relations with clients, subcontractors, and vendors
· Communicate effectively with other departments and team members
· Some local travel to review bids and inspect current conditions at job sites
- A detail-oriented team player with strong communications skills.
- Familiar with MS Office; AGTEK Sitework and AutoCAD.
- Able to read and interpret civil construction plans and documents.
- Able to adhere to guidelines and complete project tasks in established time frames.
- A motivated self-starter who can take direction and work independently.
- Valid Driver’s License
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields