Civil Engineer – Project Manager – Design Experience
Elmwood Park, NJ
$120,000 - $140,000 / yr
The Project Manager will be in charge of supervising the development of complex projects while observing pre-determined conditions (cost, quality, safety, timelines). The Project Manager will participate in defining the project’s specifications, planning its implementation and drawing up its budget. They will be involved with both technical and financial aspects and coordinate the work of the various participants involved. Ensure that the development methods, timelines and costs are observed during each phase of the process. Serves as a primary contact for our clients and is responsible for ensuring that the contracted services are provided in a timely and professional manner. Has overall responsibility for all aspects of, and the success of, all assigned projects.
· As the project progresses the project manager will be responsible for identifying unanticipated tasks that can increase the cost of the project or delay meeting the assigned schedule;
· The project manager will monitor the progress of the project; Interprets, organizes, executes, and coordinates assignments;
· The project manager will establish the project budget, track the actual project expenditures against the forecast expenditures and will implement corrective action as needed. The project manager will prepare cost to complete estimates to determine whether the project can be completed within the assigned budget;
· The project manager will be responsible for assuring that all internal project quality assurance procedures are followed;
· Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of engineering as related to the variety of aspects affecting the firm;
· Supervises a staff of engineers and technicians;
· Plans, schedules, or coordinates the preparation of documents or activities for multiple major projects;
· Responsibilities may include marketing, budgeting, financial managements, schedule coordination and resources allocation;
· Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of staff or project engineers, CAD operators;
· Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff;
· Assisting in company-wide business development in all disciplines of the firm’s practice.
· Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university;
· Registered Professional Engineer in New Jersey or New York;
· Possess 15+ years of engineering management experience;
· Proven ability to identify, develop and mentor talent;
· Effectively manage projects from concept through completion;
· Proven leadership and decision-making skills;
· Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
Strong technical writing, communication skills and interpersonal skills are expected at this level, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees.
We offer employees competitive compensation packages; benefits packages; life insurance, short/long term disability insurance; and 401K retirement plan.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields