Our client is looking for Chief Engineer to lead the development of new technologies aimed at advancing the capabilities of airborne C5ISR sensor systems. In this role you will initially support SPECTRE product line which is developing a series of next generation high spectral fidelity airborne system for commercial and defense applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the airborne C5ISR sensor systems cross-functional team of engineers through the full product lifecycle, to include:
- System Architecture/Concept Design
- Trade analyses of system components, EO/IR, hyperspectral, RF/EW sensors
- Requirements definition and tracking
- Stabilized multi mission payload design and integration to airborne platforms (fixed wing, rotary, UAV)
- Field and flight testing, data collect, mission coordination and direction
- Reliability, Maintainability and Failure analyses
- System functionality, performance upgrades, and system transition to production.
- Apply innovative approaches to designing, integrating, testing, and producing complex engineering sensor systems
- Recommend future direction of projects to company leadership and deliver technical and program briefs to government and contractor personnel at all levels
- Work with customers, domestic and international strategic partners, on adaptation and integration of C5ISR multi mission payloads to airborne platforms, communication nodes and ground control systems.
- Work with Program Management and senior Leadership to ensure the quality and overall performance of the engineering team and final product.
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Participate in the development of new business opportunities and expansion of existing business opportunities.
- MS degree or equivalent experience in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- 15+ years demonstrated experience in design, integration, and test of large C5ISR systems, specializing in EO-IR or hyperspectral sensors and systems airborne applications.
- 10+ years of experience leading multidisciplinary team of engineers in executing ISR and EO-IR based sensor systems projects
- Hands on experience with:
- Preferred – Confluence, JIRA, MS Project, Magic Draw or similar project management and system engineering tools
- Nice to have – Altium, Solid works, NV-IPM, Zemax
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields