Chemical Sales Executive
$100,000 - $140,000 / yr
Company: Specialty Chemical Manufacturing
Position: Chemical Sales Executive
Location: Virtual Remote Home Office
Compensation: Base Salary $100,000-$140,000 Based upon Experience plus Bonus
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance and Retirement Package
Position Summary: Our client has three business segments (Custom/ Toll Manufacturing, Performance Chemicals and Bio Diesel Fuels) and seeking a Chemical Sales Executive to join their team to support growth of their specialty chemical toll manufacturing business (Intermediates & Additives). Client serves a wide variety of markets including pharmaceutical intermediates and products, nylon and polyester fibers, cleaning products, agricultural products, paints, coatings, fuels, and energy.
The Chemical Sales Executive will have responsibility for growing business at key multinational customers in addition to developing new opportunities in current Energy Oil and Gas, Consumer Products, and Performance Chemical Markets. The Chemical Sales Executive is expected to understand their chemistries and the capabilities of the manufacturing plant, work with the development chemists and engineers to secure product opportunities that maximize their manufacturing talents and skills. This position works remotely from their home office and ideally located near a regional or major hub airport.
- Developing and growing new business at key multinational customers
- Generating new sales opportunities by securing profitable prospect accounts in target markets. Maintaining positive customer relations
- Developing and implementing annual strategic and key account plans
- Providing account, business intelligence and competitive activity information
- Developing and negotiate commercial agreements
- Providing market analysis and pricing recommendations
- Providing accurate and timely sales forecasts and budgets
- Anticipated travel 40%-50%
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card)
- BS in a science related field (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related technical field of science) or applicable chemical sales expertise
- 7+ years of direct field sales or business development experience in chemical product sales. Experience selling chemical additives and intermediates a plus
- Pharmaceutical external manufacturing sales and regulatory starting materials sales experience a plus.
- Energy (oil & gas) producers and outsource chemicals sales experience a plus.
- Disciplined, self-motivated with strong time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Fact-based and relationship selling skills. Financial analysis/management skills
- Strategic understanding of business operations
- Demonstrated ability to gather market intelligence
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields