Chemical Research Engineer for San Leandro, CA!
San Leandro, CA
Chemical Research Engineer
Bioprocess & DSP · San Leandro, California
Imagine a meat company unlike anything that has come before! We are on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make meat. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
We are a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based meats to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. Its where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. We use less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Chemical Research Engineer is experienced with designing, building, and commissioning laboratory or pilot scale R&D equipment that utilizes high pressure and/or flammable gases for chemical and or biological process. They are responsible for the design, setup, commissioning, and safe operation of gas bioprocesses in the company. This role would play a significant part in optimizing gas generation, delivery, and utilization.
This role is actively responsible to:
- Provide technical and engineering support for lab and pilot scale operation and design of gas fermentation and bioreactors involving the use of hydrogen, carbon dioxide, and oxygen/air.
- Install, setup, and commission laboratory and/or scale bioreactors, gas generators, gas storage, and gas manifolds.
- Operate, troubleshoot, and optimize gas generation, storage, and delivery systems and bioreactors.
- Apply engineering principles, research theories, and models to design and plan experiments and research activities related to bioreactors and/or gas fermentation.
- Communicate findings to internal project teams, management, and external stakeholders
- Write and review technical documentation including reports, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and engineering design packages.
- Review literature and journal articles to inform program efforts.
- Maintain safety in the operation of gas generators, storage, and delivery to fermenters/bioreactors and support Project Safety Management (PSM) for the facility.
- Chemical engineering or mechanical engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience working an R&D lab or pilot scale setting, working with high pressure or flammable gasses to perform chemical or biological process.
- Expertise safely managing and using hazardous gases and high-pressure systems involving hydrogen, methane, ethylene, or other flammable gases.
- Able to recognize when optimization, correction, or custom changes are necessary – ability to troubleshoot and manage operations.
- Experience designing, fabricating, installing, commissioning, troubleshooting, and operating equipment performing gas fermentation, gas-to-liquid, gas-to-chemicals, hydrogenation, and/or other process involving high pressure and/or flammable gases in an R&D or operations role.
- Experience in controls and automation an asset.
- Experience in design and simulation of gas transfer in chemical systems or bioreactors is an asset.
- Strong understanding chemical reactions and engineering.
- Excellent organizational skills.
ABOUT OUR PURPOSE
Why we exist: To accelerate the world’s transition to climate and rainforest-friendly meat
What we do: We make nutritious meat using the most sustainable protein on the planet
- Protect people & the planet
- Play as a team and have a growth mindset
- Do what you say you will do
- Be the change you seek
- Create a culture of belonging
#chemicalengineering #ChemicalEngineer #chemicalengineers #hydrogen #HazardousGas #hiring #jobs #jobsearch #recruitment #job #nowhiring #recruiting #career #employment #careers #hiringnow #work #jobseekers #hr #resume #jobopening #jobhunt #business #humanresources #jobseeker #applynow #jobopportunity #vacancy #staffing #jobsearching #interview #recruiter #jobvacancy #wearehiring #jobinterview #airprotein
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields