$25 - $29
$29/hour + OT
Our Fairmont, WV client is looking to hire a CDL Driver/Technician. The CDL Driver/Technician works out of the Fairmont, WV location and remotely throughout the USA traveling 100% of the time on a variety of natural gas related projects such as: installation and/or removal of odorant tanks, supply lines, and odorizers; completing preventative maintenance of odorization equipment; pipeline pickling, odorant spill remediation, odorant delivery and transfer, and temporary odorization, while following all applicable regulations (DOT, OSHA, etc.).
- Service natural gas and propane industry in the field of odorization
- Assist in the decommissioning of aged odorant equipment and prepare for shipment.
- Assist in the installation of new odorant equipment, small diameter pipe, and tubing (involves pipefitting, installation of Swagelok compression fittings…)
- Troubleshoot and complete preventative maintenance of natural gas odorizers.
- Assist in the set up and monitor equipment for natural gas pipeline pickling.
- Perform safe and odor-free transfer of odorants between tanks.
- Remediate odorant spills.
- Travel (drive / fly) to client locations throughout the USA to complete assignments.
- Drive box trucks, pickup trucks w/ trailers and flatbed / stake bed truck
- Always comply with State/Federal Regulations and Safety Standards while performing duties
- Complete timely and accurate documentation: work orders, mileage reports, DOT logs, expense reports, etc.
- Understand and comply with all DOT regulations
- Exercise sound judgment in proper resolution of a problem and seek direction from team and/or supervisor when necessary
- Know and adhere to standards of quality and customer service
- Handle flammable liquids and gases
- Fill out non-conformance, near-miss and accident reports
- Perform, complete, and understand job hazard analysis and company work orders.
- Clean truck and equipment and replenish inventory upon project completion to make ready for next project.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive rental vehicles
- Clean driving record
- Comply with random drug/alcohol screening.
- Must be 23 years of age (insurance requirement)
- CDL – Class A or B with Manual Transmission with minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Hazmat and Tanker endorsement is a plus
- Must be able to acquire Hazmat and tanker endorsement within first 6 months.
- Proficient in DOT driver/driving regulations.
- E-log software experience.
- Strong mechanical skills
- Experience with truck repair, predictive, and preventative maintenance.
- Capable of learning how to interpret diagrams and schematics involving tanks, lines, pumps, valves
- Basic understanding of pumping principles is a plus.
- Basic understanding of fluid pressure and flow is a plus.
- Expert use of hand tools
- Basic electrical (AC/DC) knowledge is a plus.
- Flexible for travel throughout the USA – Travel up to 100% and sometimes with short notice
- Physically fit (physical work, outdoor work, long days, lifting)
- Ability to quickly assess problems and process workable solutions
- Ability to follow complex written procedures involving valves, pumps, actuators, sensors, measurements with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively within a diverse group (collaboration, initiative, respect, articulate expression, proactive communication)
- Resourceful and motivated self-starter who can work independently and meet deadlines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for interaction with coworkers and clients
- Ability to prepare clear and accurate documentation
- Effective dealing with scheduling problems and/or changes
- Strong Work ethic
- Computer, tablet, and smart phone literate
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields