$90,000 - $110,000 / yr
CATEGORY MANAGER – Chemicals /Polymers
90-110K + Bonus + Full Benefits + Paid Relocation (No Sponsorship)
The Category Manager – Chemicals and Polymers is responsible for leading a broad range of procurement activities across multiple categories within the Procurement & Logistics team and requires in-depth experience with negotiating contracts with total annual spend of $60- $75 million. This position reports to the Global Group Category Manager in Denver, CO.
The position includes direct and indirect responsibility for sourcing raw materials, developing strategies, negotiating supply agreements, managing supplier relationships, leading process and performance improvement and delivering against the organizations performance goals and objectives to support a broad array of global manufacturing and logistics activities.
- Develops and implements sourcing strategies across multiple business units for raw materials. Position works with >25 suppliers with an annual spend of $60 – $75 million.
- Negotiate Supply Agreements and develop executive summaries for review and approval by executive leadership team members.
- Develop and implement cost reduction projects and establish monthly scorecard metrics and updates.
- Act as liaison with SIOP managers and JM business units
- Lead and support projects with multi-functional teams to optimize current supply base and qualify new suppliers.
- Conduct supplier workshops to identify annual cost savings opportunities, to achieve established cost reduction goals, manage supplier relationships and to ensure JM maintains a competitive position.
- Lead/support the strategy of this spend along with continuous market analysis to ensure the highest performance and quality at the lowest cost including qualifying new suppliers and leading supply optimization design.
- Financial and Performance Management
- Ensure uninterrupted and sustainable supply to JM facilities and customers.
- Maintain pricing and trend data required by the Annual Operating Plans for each business unit.
- Ensure working capital levels meet or exceed corporate objectives.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, engineering, business, or other related field with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in sourcing with a major company
- CPM certification desirable
- Strong contract negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of category management
- Working knowledge of contract development
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Working knowledge of contract development and contract law
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability managing supplier relationships
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system
- Working knowledge of E-Sourcing
- Strong analytical skills
- Fundamental knowledge of OSHA and environmental regulations
- Fundamental knowledge of financial analysis
- Ability to think strategically
- Ideally have experience sourcing chemicals and polymers
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Work environment is typical of an office setting
- Travel requirements 11-30 days per year
- Someone that has experience sourcing and negotiating with vendors
- Ideally purchasing raw or direct materials
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields