The CAPEX Project Manager will develop and implement major capital projects as a key member of the engineering team. Projects will involve major upgrades to manufacturing plant, facilities and production lines, with project values ranging from $100,000 up to $10,000,000+. Focus is capital investments to support the business transformation of our assets to maximize plant productivity and reliability, while meeting company, industry and regulatory standards for food safety, health & safety and environmental sustainability.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the management and strategic direction of the Engineering department and key technical projects for the company.
- Define propose and monitor the implementation of the company’s engineering, maintenance, automation and technology plans and objectives including the development and deployment of the Company’s Engineering Manual and Standards.
- Implement work processes, procedures and technical resources related to engineering and technical services.
- Manage the engineering budget and capital investment plans and related capital investment expenditures.
- Ensure the engineering department operates with clear and open communications.
- Train, develop and mentor engineering and technical employees to ensure future growth objects can be accomplished
- Develop and execute a succession plan for the Engineering and Maintenance teams to ensure long term viability and success.
- Promote continuous improvement, networking and sharing of information.
- Protect proprietary technology through approved and certified relationships with third parties.
- Support and recommend new technologies that improve the overall operations. Recommend and develop automation where appropriate.
- Responsible for the selection, modification, installation, maintenance/repair of all equipment in the plants, corporate offices and property/grounds.
- Key contributor when evaluating potential acquisitions, expansions and new technology introductions to the company.
- Manage all outsourced contractors as needed and all other duties as assigned.
- BS in Engineering required, advanced degree (MBA) is a plus
- 15+ years of progressive and diversified “Engineering Management” experience required
- Prior maintenance management experience a plus
- Prior experience with Project Management and Tracking software/tools
- Experience installing new lines/equipment and/or new plant start-up a plus
- Experience with high speed packaging equipment required.
- Food high speed packaging highly preferred.
- Familiar with preventative maintenance program management, GMP’s and SOP’s
- Experience working in a Food & Beverage environment
- Experience working with equipment installation and automation
- Detailed oriented and have prior P&L and budget management experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong ability to coach, lead and direct engineering and maintenance staff
- Solid computer skills; Microsoft Office and CAD programs Must be able to physically perform the functions of climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions
- Possess visual acuity to document company records
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields