Our client’s software solutions empower more than 475 of the most academically complex colleges and universities around the world to develop, publish and schedule cutting edge curriculums propelling student engagement, retention, and successful degree completion. Exciting challenges lie ahead…new development, innovative solutions, and global campus connections. It is an audacious mission the company is dedicated to achieving. We are looking for a C++ Developer in Coralville, Iowa to help achieve this mission.
The C++ Developer is responsible for researching, designing, coding, testing, and implementing high-quality code in support of the company’s proprietary software systems. A successful candidate should be adept at building, installing, and configuring custom software for various internet applications and specifically a common gateway interface. They will have strong C++ development skills and must possess a comprehensive knowledge of software programming with special attention to architecture and design requirements.
What will you be doing…
- Identify anomalies and deviations of standard software system performance, incidents that alter the flow, and the process of system execution.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt it to new hardware, or upgrade interfaces, and improve performance.
- Research and produce product enhancements.
- Fix software issues and code irregularities. Have familiarity with the tools used to test and debug programs and software code. Perform code maintenance, testing, and analysis.
- Utilize collections of code and software packages that capture frequently used routines to help programmers simplify their work.
- Prepare documentation for existing and upcoming products, describing their functionality and composition in such a way that it is understandable for a wide audience with or without technical background and is compliant with defined requirements and standards. Keep documentation up to date.
- Understand and regularly use software version control management systems such as GIT, CVS, or ClearCase. Use extensible web authoring tools.
- Understand project management and the activities which comprise this area.
- Consult with other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
- Maintain quality assurance procedures and work with the quality assurance team.
What you will bring…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering plus 5 years of C++ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with relational database management systems and knowledge of SQL is required.
- Experience in a client-server framework is a must. Knowledge about design patterns and
scripting languages are necessary.
- Complex problem solving: identify complex issues and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Flexibility: proficiently adjust your actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Self-motivated: have a strong work ethic, be proactive, take initiative, be persistent, and dependable.
- Organization: hold an innate talent to think ahead and plan; organize and manage multiple priorities.
The C++ Developer will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The C++ Developer may be located in a busy, open area office, and be faced with regular interruptions.
Benefits that go above and beyond…
- Work Your Way –Flexible and remote working opportunities
- Dress for Comfort –Casual dress code that includes jeans and shorts
- Stay Healthy –Robust health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance options
- Care for Your Family –Four weeks of paid leave for new parents
- Save for the Future –401(k) with a company match of up to 4%
- Make Time to Play –Four weeks of accrued paid time off beginning your first year
- Build Your Knowledge –Free training opportunities and tuition reimbursement options
- Enjoy the Café –Onsite barista offering free custom coffees, teas, and healthy snacks
A place where you can be you…
This organization values and celebrates individuality. From flexible work options and casual dress codes to gender-neutral bathrooms and active employee resource groups, Our client offers an inclusive environment where every employee can share their authentic self.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields