Business Development Manager- Municipal Water
Business Development Manager- Municipal Water
Salary Range:$140,000.00 To 150,000.00 Annually- Full Benefits Provided
Primary purpose: Business Development: Identify and win Municipal water work
Responsible for leading business development activities and accountable for sustaining and growing the net revenue of the Water Business pertaining to the Municipal Water Sectors. The primary focus is on managing and providing business development and technical leadership for strategic infrastructure projects for Municipal Water business; working collaboratively with the Energy business line in client development to strengthen client relationships that are beneficial to Water and find new opportunities with these clients; support sales for procurements on strategic opportunities; provide proposal management; and lead profitable growth of our Municipal Water Business.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to the Health and Safety culture
- Develops a robust, profitable, and risk-smart business development plan for Municipal Water.
- Effectively lead, challenge, and inspire staff to work together by being a visible leader of our Municipal Water business and being accessible to our staff
- Grow Municipal Water business in Colorado and beyond, with the support of the Water Leadership including developing a plan for targeting key clients and pursuits over the next one to three years.
- Revenue growth through greenfield infrastructure development and acquisition
- Provide proposal management.
- Participate in local and national professional associations/committees, such as the American Water Works Association and Water Environment Federation, to support Water’s brand presence and reputation in the industry. Actively participate by seeking officer roles within professional organizations and technical committees.
- Identify and develop business opportunities primarily related to Municipal Water. Involves developing, negotiating, and executing business contracts, in coordination with legal, financial, engineering and operations functions.
- Provide general industry monitoring and analysis.
- Use business and financial diligence on potential acquisitions.
- Utilize financial modeling to evaluate the accounting, valuation and leverage effects of potential acquisitions.
- Assist in acquisition execution as required.
- Foster a positive open work environment, systems approaches and disciplined execution of all assigned tasks.
- Assist in the management of the budget and other financial measures of the department.
- Provide support in conducting regular evaluation of the Business Development structure for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
- Identify, attract, and retain customers into company-owned pipelines.
- Formulate and negotiate commercial terms of revenue-generating agreements.
- Identify and pursue acquisition and/or joint venture opportunities consistent with company performance expectations, frequently taking the lead on acquisition-related activities.
- Assess competitive threats and recommend strategies to mitigate risks to company performance.
- Develop and document annual plan/budget for revenues and volumes in company-owned assets.
- Develop and recommend tariff strategies for company pipelines.
- Identify and develop capital expansion opportunities. Define scope, coordinate preparation of cost estimates, and prepare economic analysis for review with management.
- Maintain close contact with customers to ensure satisfaction with services provided and pursue further business opportunities.
- Develop business in support of origination efforts; identifying and originating transactions which will bring value to the Company.
- Identify and pursue acquisition candidates that fit into the business strategy. Develop creative restructuring of those candidates that are not an exact fit.
- Oversee all aspects of the deal-making process including analysis, due diligence, negotiating and closing. Develop customized transactions that address the needs of a variety of customers using company resources.
- Negotiate contract terms and generate agreements for legal review and execution.
- Identify and market/restructure assets not performing to expectations.
- Analyze U.S. supply/demand fundamentals as well as pricing and market trends in various regions across the country.
- Develop strong knowledge of business strategy, competitors, and operations.
- Maintain an awareness of changing market conditions, new developments, and competitor strategies.
- Consult with senior management regarding market trends and their impact on the performance of assets.
- Promote business services through active participation in industry groups developing standards and promoting the industry in general.
- Market existing and new services by developing customer base. Originate and evaluate opportunities to leverage current assets.
- Establish effective internal and external working relationships to ensure effective operation, financial performance and development of assigned business assets.
- Scrutinize activities of competitors, identifying risks to the Company’s financial performance and develop countermeasures to protect the bottom line.
- Further relationships with customers by assisting with additional services to enhance services offered.
- Implement the recommendations of the strategic marketing plan and provide market research and analysis.
- Define company strategy for the organization including target customers and applications, competition, pricing, market trends, supplier development and alliances.
- Develop and maintain top-level decisionmaker relationships at target customers.
- Assist in or produce feasibility studies/business plans for new business opportunities.
- Develop marketing campaigns for new pipelines and business opportunities. This includes formulating a specific budget and expenditure plan for each.
- Effectively work with Engineering, Project Management and Operations departments to ensure customer requirements are achieved and aligned with proposals.
- Effectively work with personnel in companies
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with management on goals and objectives on a regular and consistent basis.
- Foster a positive open work environment, system approaches and disciplined execution of all assigned tasks.
- Demonstrate and enforce the highest professional integrity, ethics and safety discipline.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
- Maintain regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
- Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of Municipal Water-related experience.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Project Management, Business Management, Business, or related equivalent.
- Strong understanding of the Municipal Water Infrastructure
- Strong understanding of financial modeling
- Entrepreneurial orientation with an understanding of the business management challenges of an infrastructure service provider.
- Significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Proven ability to effectively lead staff to work together cohesively as a team.
- Proven project management and technical skills applicable to the delivery of municipal water projects.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet multiple and varied deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Possess the highest degree of integrity.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in Business Development within the municipal sector.
- Intermediate proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in negotiating business contracts – particularly revenue-generating agreements.
- General understanding of pipeline operations including hydraulics and scheduling functions.
- Experience in identifying and pursuing asset acquisitions.
- Experience in developing and monitoring budgets.
- Knowledge of the energy industry and costing critical to the management of the team and effective communication with customers.
- Successful track record of strategic selling and managing complex and challenging negotiations.
Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Above the minimum requirements, not required but advantageous in this position:
- Previous Engineering or Project Management experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields