Business Development Director
Our client is a state-of-the-art market research automation solution, that empowers researchers at consumer brands and agencies by getting them to the actionable data quicker and more affordably than in the traditional full-service model. With a world-class product, top tier existing clients, they are growing very quickly. Seeking a hunter to continue to grow the mid-market channel with a focus on companies within the $100M-$1B revenue threshold.
- Work with the VP, Global Sales to build out a strategy for new business outreach as well as nurturing programs that will re-engage past clients and grow existing client relationships.
- Respond to client requests for information, conduct product demonstrations, create custom quotes, create and finalize project proposals, close business and coordinate with project management or the service delivery team to execute.
- Attend industry conferences to generate leads, increase company branding and further build relationships with clients.
- Build and maintain a healthy pipeline focused on obtaining net new business across Fortune 500 brands.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of company offerings to identify profitable business opportunities.
- Create and maintain strong “trusted advisor” relationships with prospective clients.
- Educate prospective clients on our capabilities, services, and tools.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving net sales and revenue targets.
- Partner closely with internal service & account teams to ensure successful client engagements and relationships.
- Meet weekly KPIs for outbound activities utilizing a variety of sales engagement platforms.
- Create compelling proposals, presentations, and RFP responses.
- Negotiate pricing & legal/procurement terms with client side buyers.
- Coordinate in-person and online meetings with prospects quarterly.
- Attend industry related events for continued education and optimal prospecting initiatives.
- Lead new client sales efforts including developing a pipeline of new client relationships and engagements
- Create and maintain strong “trusted advisor” relationships with prospective clients
- Educate prospective clients on our capabilities, concepts, and tools as well as deliver in-depth platform demos.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving net sales and revenue targets
- Track sales performance against objectives, inform on results and strategize ways to improve performance
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of successful, consultative, outside sales/new business development experience, working at a market research firm, or DIY platform, or panel/sample company. This is required.
- Proven success in developing and owning new sales funnel via prospecting.
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated individual who can point to objective measures of success in cold prospecting, closing sales, and achieving revenue targets
- Experience as a trusted advisor and consultant to clients, not only to win their business but also to help them achieve their objectives and thereby building their trust and loyalty
- Speak applied research fluently, advising clients on approaches that help them achieve their business goals.
- Create and deliver compelling capabilities presentations in person, conferences or via phone
- Have a friendly and constructive manner of interacting with clients, characterized by outstanding verbal and written communication, and by doing so contribute to a culture of openness and respect
- Experience or comfort in an entrepreneurial and highly data-driven environment with aggressive goals
- Exudes knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape
- Deep understanding of the market research business and technology products
- Experience selling technology products at senior levels
- Self-starter with the ability to solve problems and improvise to achieve sales goals with limited resources
- Advanced influencing and negotiating skills required to gain buy-in from internal and external clients
What we offer:
A virtual company, which means you’ll be working remotely from the location of your choosing* (home, coffee house, library). While being a zero-emission commute and providing you with an amazing level of freedom, convenience, and flexibility, it requires a certain inner discipline and capacity to be effective at a distance. Remote work experience is preferred, but not required.
Additional benefits include:
- Health Insurance with generous company contribution
- 401k company contributions
- Exciting perks and flexible schedule
- All the tools and on-board training needed to succeed
- Great colleagues and an opportunity to sail into uncharted waters with a profitable company that is changing its industry!
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields