Business Development – Account Management (Automotive)
Join our client and “reimagine your sales career” by creating innovative solutions for some of the world’s leading auto manufacturers. The Business Development Manager (Automotive) will develop sales and drive revenue within the Automotive Industry by promoting the company and leveraging their innovative industry sales processes to do what you do best – build client relationships that create sales.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to work well with a team, show strong leadership skills, know the industry trends in the automotive industry, and thrive with the challenge of securing new customers.
What will I do?
- Formulate and design business strategies that focus on new account development and grow the business within existing customers to optimize opportunity and sales in the automotive industry.
- Continually strive to meet or exceed sales targets by analyzing sales and marketing data to determine optimum sales, gross profit margin, and marketing strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners. Develop business opportunities through pre-existing relationships, on-site meetings, etc.
- Perform field-based regional demonstrations, trainings, and problem solving; along with creating brand awareness at automotive industry seminars, trade shows, and networking events, etc.
- Develop technical understanding of products, their benefits and the customers’ needs in various situations and communicate these to prospective end-users.
- Track industry market data, including but not limited to: market development, projects, competitive activity, customer data, etc.
- Maintain solid client relationships and continue to be a valued client resource
- Review monthly sales activity, trends, and performance that will assist with the prioritization of sales opportunity and scheduling activity
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or technical related field; an MBA is a plus
- Minimum five (5) years progressive sales and business development experience; automotive industry experience is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Sage, Mysis, Salesforce; general understanding of laser marking equipment and software.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sound negotiation and consultative sales ability
- Proven relationship building ability and communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields