Business Continuity Specialist/Analyst – 100% Remote
Role is Remote but may require onsite visits, if necessary.
DR/BCP Program Summary
Our client performed an Internal Audit in 2022 to assess and develop a Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Program (DR/BCP). As part of a six-week audit, auditors assessed the DR/BCP program with respect to governance, roles and responsibilities, communication and integration against leading principles. The audit also included the following reviews:
· Business Impact Analysis
· Ransomware Recovery Strategy and Playbook
· Reviews of Tabletop Exercises in relation to Disaster Recovery events
Auditors conducted interviews with key team members about the governance and roles and responsibilities to develop recommendations for maturing DR/BCP efforts.
Scope of the Engagement:
· Formalize Disaster Recovery Program to document policies, frameworks, governance, and operating models. What Key Performance Indicators should the organization be measuring to evaluate program performance and overall health? Offer an approach to create organizational adoption and buy-in.
· Develop System Impact Criteria to assess system criticality and an approach to implementing and reviewing Business Impact Analysis with business owners.
· Perform System Impact Analysis for key critical systems to test and understand level of effort required to complete Business Impact Analysis for all Alnylam functions.
· Formalize and Document DR Playbooks to ensure updates to operational policies and procedures are captured in a timely manner.
· Formalize and Document Tabletop and DR Testing Initiatives to proactively meet audit requirements, ensure that resources are allocated and funding is appropriately budgeted.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
· Work independently with key IT stakeholders to develop a Disaster Recovery Program that outlines policies, procedures and required documentation.
· Develop a RACI (Responsible, Accountable, Consulted and Informed) for all key activities within the DR Program
· Propose Key Performance Indicators that are standard in the bio-pharmaceuticals sectors to evaluate program performance and health
· Develop a System Impact Criteria framework and evaluate key systems using this framework. Review findings with core DR/BCP team and IT leadership for feedback and adjustments
· Establish DR Documentation and Testing Approaches that will enable IT to proactively identify changes to the technical environment and meet audit requirements for Tabletop Testing.
· Provide Weekly Status Reporting on progress, blocking issues and risks
· Document all key deliverables for review and acceptance by DR/BCP team
· Minimum of 10 years of experience in business continuity, technology risk, IT operations
· ABCP/CBCP designation
· Expert in Business Continuity standards and frameworks including, ISO 22301 series, NIST 800 series, NIST Cybersecurity Frameworks
· Demonstrated experience aligning company practices with industry frameworks
· Experience in conducting business or system impact analysis
· Able to plan and execute project work with significant level of autonomy
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Strong knowledge of the Office365 suite, especially Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields