Business Analyst II
Cranberry Twp, PA
The Business Analyst II leverages technical and non-technical knowledge and processes to solve business and operational challenges and facilitating technology delivery for a fast-paced organization. This position will report to the Controller.
- Ensures business/operations have access to relevant information to influence strategic decision-making and the day-to-day management;
- Works cross-functionally to drive strategies, optimize analysis capability, and leverage technical and non-technical knowledge and processes to solve business/operational challenges and problems;
- Facilitates requirements gathering sessions and evaluates business/operational process implications of system requirements, making appropriate design/redesign recommendations;
- Analyzes business/operational processes of proposed or completed acquisitions. Provide plans to migrate process of acquired businesses to company applications/processes;
- Performs implementation planning or business case analysis for applications;
- Creates and maintains processes and procedures to efficiently develop test and deploy decision support tools and reports used in operations. Develops reporting requirements to resolve a variety of business- and operational-related problems;
- Manages inventory and life cycle of routine reports to ensure efficient delivery of high quality, high impact business intelligence. Drive the development and enhancement of self-service reports and analytics capabilities, automating when possible;
- Documents requirements and workflow diagrams with focus on process improvements;
- Develops programming specifications that can be passed to internal, as well as external programming resources as needed;
- Addresses changing user requirements while maintaining design and system integrity;
- Creates and deploys test plans, testing, documenting, and tracking issues while ensuring timely issue resolution;
- Coordinates procedures development and system documentation;
- Creates and maintains ad hoc data capture systems as required to provide data not captured by core business applications;
- Contributes to the ongoing development and implementation of a robust business acceptance process in terms of building internal customer relationships, documentation, user training, user support, regular communication and ongoing development;
- Provides expert training and knowledge development to other members of the company;
- Provides backup and support to company IT Department.
- Attends job related conferences/seminars/webinars to maintain level of knowledge current with the changing environment and support business units’ efforts to remain current;
- Maintains confidentiality at the highest levels;
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience;
- Five years of experience as an application analyst or similar business analyst position required;
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of operational and business processes required;
- ERP/Integrated manufacturing system implementation experience (Symix/Syteline preferred);
- Demonstrated project management knowledge and experience, including the ability to successfully conclude projects in an efficient manner;
- Experience in merger and acquisition transactions preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields