The Benefits Coordinator position assists in the implementation, administration, compliance and communication of employee benefit programs. of all benefit programs including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA, 401(k), FMLA, COBRA, and voluntary offerings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Manage all employee leaves i.e. FMLA, STD, LTD, and WC for compliance with company policy and applicable laws
- Assist with the administration of various employee benefit programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, disability and life insurance, 401(k) and wellness benefits
- Comply to federal and state laws pertaining to benefits and facilitate necessary changes while assuring compliance with all applicable laws.
- Assist with existing wellness initiatives and help create and launch new programs in alignment with company wellness goals
- Audit vendor bills; reconcile HRIS and COBRA reports to monthly billing to ensure accurate payment and enrollment; prepare invoices and present bills for timely payment
- Research and respond to employee questions regarding all aspects of benefits and act as liaison between employee and insurance carriers/brokers to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Assist with the processing of all benefit plan enrollments, including changes, open enrollment, plan documents, and plan regulatory guidelines in accordance with Company policies
- Maintain employee benefits filing system and ensure benefit changes are entered appropriately in HRIS
- Conduct comprehensive benefits orientation to new hires
- Manage Service Award Program
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment
- Create and maintain an Employee Discount Program
- Other projects/duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred; a minimum of 1-3 year’s experience in benefits administration or in a related field. Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to benefits.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields