Associate Medical Technologist 7163
This is a contract job opportunity. potential for perm
Position: Associate Medical Technologist 7163
Location: Indianapolis IN
Schedule: 2nd shift. Mon – Fri. 5pm –
1am. (some flexibility in the
hours within reason)
Projected duration: 12 months + potential for perm
Job code: CVDJP00027163
Benefits are available
Must have: 3-4 years of hands-on experience in genotyping, molecular biology techniques and Nucleic Acid isolation or PCR
Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project/Assignment?
- Performs assigned clinical laboratory testing accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepares workstation and instrumentation for the assigned testing.
- Operates instruments to implement and perform testing in accordance with established written procedures.
- Performs routine testing and calculations as required.
- Resolves routine and non-routine assay problems.
- Provides technical training/consultation for other operational staff.
- Ensures the validity of test results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Performs experiments, as scheduled.
- Documents quality control results. Interprets quality control results and accurately documents biases, warnings, and violations of control rules.
- Documents corrective action for unusual occurrences (e.g. QC violations, instrument related problems).
- Ensures maintenance of instruments and equipment is performed according to manufacturer and SOP requirements.
- Calibrates instruments, equipment, and/or assays as required and documents.
- Performs instrument and equipment troubleshooting.
- Notifies laboratory management when an instrument or equipment does not meet specifications.
Complies with regulatory guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
Requires bachelor’s degree in science or a minimum of 4 years hands on experience.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields