Brand Manager – New Product (Food MFG required)
San Antonio, TX
Job Title: Product Manager
In this role, you will leverage excellent cross-functional project management skills, oversee the development, launch and test phases for new product commercialization in our Foodservice and ISB channels. Additionally, you will provide pricing support, report on market performance and subsequent next steps while ensuring these projects align with overall brand and marketing strategies. You will need to be comfortable in a variety of settings and excel at developing close working relationships with sales, customer service, production, research and development, as well as engineering to execute against those plans. The ability to manage multiple milestones and shifting requirements in a fluid, fast-moving environment—while keeping stakeholders updated on your progress—is critical to success in this position.
Long-Range/Strategic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and fosters the growth of brand equity via promotion, pricing, placement, and product management
- Develop, prioritize, communicate commercialization roadmaps that allow for success (projects completed on time and within budget) in the product development and launch phases.
- Partner with brand marketing team members to align on product launch strategies, incorporating these milestones into the overall launch process.
- Lead in the execution of the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to growth, making sure key stakeholders are involved throughout the process. This includes commercializing product in SAP Operating platform and associated systems such as Vistex, PLM, SCM etc.
- Collects and keys marketing information in the PLM system for products while ensuring GS1 compliance in collaboration with the Regulatory team and outside agencies/vendors
- Creates and maintains packaging designs for re-formulated and new products. Works with Purchasing on inventory and packaging.
- Actively monitors and tracks sales performance and executes a dynamic SKU rationalization process.
- Provides forecasting insight to Supply Chain Modeling team
- Provides key marketing support to Zone/Region Sales Managers to include product, packaging, recipe, and menu extensions in collaboration with R&D and Culinary teams
Day-to-Day/Tactical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads analysis of business RFPs including the execution of costing/pricing requests to set and make actions and recommendations as needed
- Manage relationships with stakeholders: intake their requests, gather requirements, discuss prioritization, and be transparent about timing and delivery.
- Articulate clear commercialization priorities driven by data and inclusive of measurable KPIs and targets that align with company and business goals.
- Ensure coordination and collaboration across research and development, regulatory, operations, supply chain, and engineering to properly manage dependencies and execute efficiently.
- Key participant in the product development and commercialization process including packaging updates and enhancements Leads agencies and creates and maintains packaging designs for re-formulated and new products in collaboration with Purchasing
- Acts as the Sales and Marketing liaison to Production, Logistics, Research & Development, and Purchasing for product/package changes and introductions. Assembles information for packaging layouts and approvals in conjunction with agencies/vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining files and price books (Price Lists, Special Pricing, Deviations) related to specified sales regions
- Develops nutritional, product reference, menu extensions, recipes and handling instructions for product and packaging formulations, in collaboration with R&D
- Scopes projects, gathers data, analyzes information, and recommends solutions to business issues as assigned by the Senior Marketing Manager
- Participates in the daily Customer Service meeting to identify any branded FSD product/customer issue/opportunity for the Sales and Marketing Department.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- B.A./B.S. required
- B.A. or PMP preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- At least five years of progressive growth within the marketing discipline. Preferred fields draw from brand management; product management; customer marketing; promotions and/or research/insights either in a B2B or B2C capacity. Foodservice experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- Equally comfortable working on teams and alone
- Passionate about food
- Likes to bring structure to chaos
- Is a blend of the analytical and creative
- Lifetime learner
- Keen project management skills
- Requires a strong ability to lead and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, scope, and execute projects to strict deadlines
- Serves as a catalyst for change and has a bias for action motivating and engaging others to follow suit
- Works effectively and efficiently with diverse groups of associates and customers ranging from entry level to executive level positions
- Enjoys public speaking and presentations ranging from 1:1 to large group forums
- Manages multiple priorities often with competing deadlines
- No direct reports
- Requires functioning as a leader, including the training, instructing, and scheduling of work
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Office Environment
- Travel is required (approximately 5-7 days/mo.)
- Must be able to transport/carry up to 50lbs.
- Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality, and Growth
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields