Associate Account Executive – Retail
Back To Job Board
Back To Job Board
The Associate Account Executive (AAE) works with the Account Executive (AE) in developing and managing a portfolio of specific merchandise categories at retail accounts. The AAE works with the AE and directly with retail Buyers, Assistant Buyers, and the retailers’ various internal departments to develop and bring to market new merchandising programs. The AAE is responsible to partner closely with our internal product development, international merchandising, and logistics teams to develop and execute the merchandising strategies and projects for the retailer and manage and optimize the results for the overall account.
A successful candidate will have relevant experience in Retail Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Product Development or Product Global Sourcing; having been an Associate or Assistant Buyer, Assistant Product Development Manager or Visual Merchandising Manager in any of these categories: General Merchandise, Hardlines, Softlines, Home, Housewares, Consumables, Seasonal, Toys, Furniture, Health and Beauty Care (including over-the-counter drugs and consumer medical devices), etc.
· Works with AE in developing and executing customer and category strategic development and annual operating and financial plan.
· Build customer relationships at the Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Divisional Merchandising Manager (DMM) and with the retailers’ internal departments.
· Direct and define the assortment strategy for assigned retailer and categories.
· Direct and perform competitive shops and regularly surveys the marketplace (in-store visits, circulars/flyers, online shopping, etc.) to identify product and packaging trends, designs, and features to help drive new product ideation.
· Compiles store survey and trend data, consolidating, formatting, and summarizing information into concise presentations; distributing reports and reviewing market surveys from colleagues.
· Assembles consumer data reports by compiling, consolidating, formatting, and summarizing information, sell thru data, and presentations.
· Provides marketing tracking and research information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
· Supports sales presentations by assembling quotations, proposals, samples and product capabilities, compiling account and competitor analyses.
· Work closely and effectively with the Merchandising, Product development and Artist teams to create cohesive product line offerings.
· Manage and enforce the account specific product development calendar for optimal operational efficiency.
· Works as part of a team in facilitating negotiations, pricing, logistics and the purchase order process.
· Direct and prepare presentations by assembling quotations, proposals, product specifications and samples, compiling account and competitor analyses.
· Hold product ideation and product presentations with account Buyers and DMMs/GMMs at assigned retail account.
· Clarify and communicate specs and product engineering details, labeling, and packaging instructions and other information to Merchandising, Product Development and Art departments.
· Reviews sales team’s follow up and tracking purchase orders, packaging approval, sample approval, third party testing reports, order shipments and related communication with our retail customers and our domestic and international offices.
· Assist in planning, attending, and managing international buying trips and related follow up during and after the buying trip.
· Execute, manage, and report on production, resolve any issues to ensure on-time delivery.
· Communicate action plans with Asia Merchandising teams, Product Development and Art Departments.
· Updates job knowledge by reviewing trade publications and staying current with market research and industry trends.
· Accomplishes marketing and sales organization mission by completing related tasks as needed.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Supervises account team consisting of Merchandising Administrative Assistant(s).
· Reports to Account Executive.
· A passion for understanding the customer, market, and competitive trends as a means of identifying the right product at the right price; curious and entrepreneurial.
· Ability to think critically and understand target customer to anticipate future trends and incorporate them into business plans.
· Ability to balance creative and analytical thinking, intuition, and data, to build a compelling assortment including exploring new lines of business and partnerships.
· Well-developed ethical standards of professional behavior and strong leadership background with a variety of merchandising concepts, processes, and experiences.
· Strong leadership skills and experience in working with cross functional teams and influencing across an organization.
· Track record for developing compelling product assortments in multiple categories.
· Ability to effectively manage in a fast-paced work environment, influencing customers and across multiple disciplines to get important things done.
· Ability to drive and lead accelerated growth.
· Possesses strong communication skills, and ability to prioritize based on changing business needs.
· Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to learn and take smart risks to deliver great results.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree required
Retail Buying, Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Retail Management, Product Development, Global Sourcing
Experience at the Assistant Buyer level is a plus
The position requires national and international travel
Competitive Salary plus Bonus Eligible
Relocation assistance negotiable
· 401(k) plan with a company match, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, employee referral program, and vacation, personal time and holidays.
· Work for a company that is growing and values its employees.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields