Assistant Vice President, Reserving Actuary
New York, NY
$175,000 - $200,000 / yr
This client is a publicly traded P&C insurance/reinsurance carrier with global operations and a balanced portfolio of direct and indirect business. There are several top line and internal initiatives that are driving growth and internal business alignment. Due to growth, there is a need to hire a Reserving Actuary at the AVP level. Price point is generally up to the $200k range on the fixed plus bonus.
The role will report to the Head Reserving Actuary and work with the actuarial teams in the US, London, Bermuda, and overseas offices. The focus of this role is primarily reserving for now, but there is an opportunity to expand into other areas such as pricing, depending on the interest and need. In terms of the team, the reserving team is in NYC, but the role can be either in NYC on a hybrid basis or can be a remote role. The overall global reserving team is 15, and there are 5 in NYC.
- Produce high-quality reserving estimates,
- Communicating results to management and other stakeholders,
- Supporting profitability by continually reinforcing the reserving-pricing feedback loop,
- Improving and innovating on all aspects of the process,
- Preparing and validating data,
- Applying actuarial techniques to estimate outstanding liabilities,
- Preparing analyses and reports, and
- Assisting with GAAP, US and Bermuda Statutory Financial Reporting.
- Manage and take ownership for parts of the process, as rapidly as the individual can
- Interact directly with all stakeholders (finance, underwriting, and executive management)
- Innovate and improve existing processes (through better use of data, automatic, etc.)
- Get international exposure to business and colleagues around the globe
- FCAS, ACAS, or equivalent
- 7-10+ years of experience in loss reserving, with experience in reinsurance a plus
- Knowledge of accounting and finance preferred
- Programming/coding/database skills (SQL, Python, R, etc.) preferred
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields