Assistant Superintendent – Field Engineer
$65,000 - $85,000 / yr
This company is one of the most established GCs in the Southeast area with a broad range of clientele and project types. Their portfolio spans from public works, retail, restaurant, corporate office, educational, mixed-use multifamily to light-industrial.
They are based in the area and with 6 offices across the SE, they have one of the best reputations and progressive clientele a company could ask for locally or across the country.
They are currently interviewing for an Assistant Superintendent and would like to talk to YOU – if you possess the attributes listed below.
The Commercial Superintendent will have between 1-3+ years of experience building ground-up/new commercial projects with experience in site work to core/shell through build-out and c/o.
The Superintendent helps Plan, develop and manage project schedules, maintain budgets, and site safety activities in partnership with project manager & executive team.
The ideal candidate will also coordinate subcontractors and vendors, subcontractor agreements, supervise construction projects from design through project completion. The majority of projects will revolve around restaurant, retail, commercial office & hospitality type structures with ground-up and build-out / TI construction approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Great Communication with client, subs & staff
- Organizational skills to the point of over-detailed mind-set.
- Knowledge of Procore Construction Software strongly preferred
- Manages day-to-day subcontractor operations
- Supervises craft employees including: assigning job responsibilities, evaluating productivity and providing recommendations to management
- Reviews shop drawings, manages materials procurement, coordinates deliveries, ensures site accessibility, inspects overall work quality, and maintains a safe and efficient work site
- Proactive, forward thinking, and high level of organization is a must
- Strong work ethic, positive professional attitude
- Provide the highest level of customer service to our clients with an emphasis on communication
- Maintain meticulous documentation standards, reports and receipts delivered to the office daily
- Prepare and negotiate subcontractor agreements and maintain budgets via company assigned technology/devices.
- Select appropriate construction methods and strategies to complete projects on budget and on schedule in coordination with the design team
- Report progress reports, weekly updates, and budget matters to Project Managers and Director of Construction
- Assist in the vetting and hiring of subcontractors
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations
- Establish prompt resolution of problems and conflicts as they occur
Construction Management (or similar) Bachelors degree preferred. Must be proficient at computer skills and the use of scheduling software.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Procore Construction Management Software (Experience is preferred)
- Minimum of (1-3+) years in a commercial construction site-management role ( Experience in medical, multifamily or hospitality projects preferred)
- Ability to be onsite for 1+ projects while interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, engineers, city officials, and clients
- Proactive management of project schedules and budgets
- Salary (($65k-85k ))
- + Bonus Structure
- + Comprehensive Insurance Plan
- + PTO of 2 weeks Vacation & 7 Holidays
- + Auto Allowance or Truck Provided with Fuel Card
- + 401(k) retirement fund with ESOP Employee Ownership
- + Other beneficial attributes for family & personal
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields