$55,000 - $60,000 / yr
This company is one of the most established GCs in the Nashville area with a broad range of clientele and project types. Their portfolio spans from public works, retail, restaurant, corporate office, educational, mixed-use multifamily to light-industrial.
They are based in the Nashville area and have one of the best reputations and progressive clientele a company could ask for locally or across the Mid-State.
They are currently interviewing for an Assistant Superintendent and would like to talk to YOU – if you possess the attributes listed below.
The Commercial Assistant Superintendent will have a college degree (in Const.Management or Engineering preferred) & approximately 1-2+ years of experience in commercial projects .
The Assistant will be learning construction methodology to help Plan, develop and manage project schedules, maintain budgets, and site safety activities.
The ideal candidate will also help coordinate subcontractors and vendors, subcontractor agreements, supervise construction projects from design through project completion. The majority of projects will revolve around restaurant, retail, commercial office & hospitality type structures with ground-up and build-out / TI construction approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Great Communication with client, subs & staff
- Organizational skills to the point of over-detailed mind-set.
- Knowledge of Procore Construction Software strongly preferred but not required
- Manages day-to-day subcontractor operations
- Learn from General Superintendent on how to supervise craft employees
- Reviews shop drawings, manages materials procurement, coordinates deliveries, ensures site accessibility, inspects overall work quality, and maintains a safe and efficient work site
- Proactive, forward thinking, and high level of organization is a must
- Strong work ethic, positive professional attitude
- Maintain meticulous documentation standards, reports and receipts delivered to the office daily
- Report progress reports, weekly updates, and budget matters to Project Managers and Director of Construction
Construction Management (or similar) Bachelors degree preferred. Must be proficient at computer skills and the use of scheduling software.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Procore Construction Management Software (Experience is preferred)
- Minimum of (1-2+) years in a construction site-management role ( Experience in commercial, multifamily or hospitality projects preferred)
- Ability to be onsite for 1+ projects while interfacing with inspectors, subcontractors, architects, interior designers, engineers, city officials, and clients
- Proactive management of project schedules and budgets
- Salary (($55k-65k ))
- + Bonus Structure
- + Comprehensive Insurance Plan
- + PTO of 2 weeks Vacation & 7 Holidays
- + 401(k) retirement fund
- + Other beneficial attributes for family & personal
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields