Assistant Project Manager
$65,000 - $70,000 / yr
Assistant Project Manager
The company is a national General Contractor specializing in multi-family construction. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and founded over 40 years ago. They specialize in multifamily projects such as urban high density, mid-rise, garden style, student housing, wrap / podium-wrap and senior developments with a value over $2 billion in total construction in the Southeast.
South Nashville Office: Brentwood Tn
As Assistant PM you will be assisting in all activities related to contract administration, change orders, submittals, procurement, project financials set-up and updates, and schedule to ensure projects are completed in a quality, profitable, safe, sustainable, and timely manner. Maintain constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer needs and expectations by supporting the Project Manager in all aspects of assigned projects.
- 4 year degree in either Construction, Engineering preferred
- 3 to 8 years of multifamily experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Office
- Basic Knowledge of Timberline and Procore
- Preconstruction experience preferred but not required
- Strong experience in multifamily construction experience in either Garden Style, Mid-Rise, Wrap / Podium-Wrap, Student Housing.
- Assists PM in defining responsibilities for processing submittals including taking ownership of more difficult trades in cases of limited staff
- Confirms all required paperwork from subcontractors and suppliers in completed at appropriately designated times before and during project
- Communicates with all suppliers and subcontractors to be certain they understand performance standards
- Establishes relationships and communication tools, as needed, with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary
- Attend all mandatory periodic planning, progress, and close out meetings with project staff and other key people on project concerns, problems, and unexpected situations that may arise with subcontractors, suppliers, and customer changes, etc.
- Compare progress schedule, compare actual versus estimated cost, check compliance with plans and specifications, review problems
- Complete time impact analysis for each change proposal for submittal to the owner; coordinate with PM
- Manage pre-project closeout process to settle all financial obligations, and transition project to the customer
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Must know Multifamily new-construction via one of the following: Garden Style, Wrap, Podium-Wrap, Student Housing
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications
- Knowledge of construction methods and processes
- Construction-related scheduling experience
- Familiarity with job cost information
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Prolog, Timberline, Procore (and similar programs)
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields