Assistant Project Manager
$65,000 - $75,000 / yr
As one of the most established GCs in Nashville – we lead the way on construction in Middle Tn. We also know our people make the company successful, so we take care of our work-family. Work-Life balance is just as important as professional growth and satisfaction with all levels of employees, regardless of position or responsibilities.
Our company serves commercial retail, religious and light industrial clients in a number of different industry segments with their most trusted developments. We have over 100 years of history in delivering excellence to our clients and community. Our roots are based in retail, medical and commercial construction with light-industrial and office complex construction. The company is roughly $20+M annually in volume and has a complement of 30+ employees based in Middle Tn. Our Company constructs projects on average of $50k-5M, and in the Greater Nashville area.
We want to talk to you about what makes us special and allows us to retain long-term employees year after year. Give us the opportunity to talk to you and learn about what your goals are in the construction industry and how we may possibly work together.
Construction PM experience required
No required software experience- open to all formats as training will be provided.
Local candidates only – will not compensate for relocation.
The Assistant Project Manager will work with the PM on the entire construction process from Preconstruction through final completion. The APM works with the estimator’s and is responsible for the financial success of the project from beginning to completion. The APM is one of the points of contact for the owner during this time period and coordinates with the PM for client satisfaction.
- Recognize the main objective for each project is that its success is measured by client satisfaction, budget maintenance, profitability, and schedule adherence.
- Must have a track-record for commercial construction projects over 1-2+ years.
- Some proficiency in writing scopes of work into subcontract exhibits.
- Ability to create a CPM schedule and modify it according to the needs of the project.
- Understands the fundamentals of scheduling to provide assistance to project staff.
- Able to partner with the project Superintendent and lead the project as necessary in an effort to maintain project schedule.
- Understand how to diagnose and manage risk on projects.
- Able to progress the project schedule with all of the players involved including company team members, Subcontractors, Owners, Owner Representatives and designers.
- Must have current driver’s license valid the past 12 consecutive months and an acceptable motor vehicle record ( no DUI’s in the past 36 months ).
- Background checks are a required part of our hiring process.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields