Assistant General Manager
$50,000 - $60,000 / yr
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the restaurant. As the Assistant General Manager, you will be responsible for teaching, training, and leading Team Members. You must always present a professional image. You must coach, counsel, and develop Team Members to maximize sales and profitability, control expenses, meet budgetary constraints, handle Guest complaints, and ensure sanitation, safety, and food quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage hourly employees including conducting performance evaluations, coaching, and discipline.
- Reviewing applications, interviewing, and making recommendations to hire hourly employees.
- Carefully observes kitchen operations and addresses any issues out of alignment promptly and directly.
- Directing work for employees including setting hours and weekly schedules and assigning tasks before, during and after open hours of the restaurant
- Driving sales and guest satisfaction; manage food costs, inventory levels, utility usage, and Health Department ratings.
- Ensures food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, sanitation of food products.
- Ensure CHARM Service Model is executed by every team member with every guest.
- Providing, directing, and scheduling Front of House and Back of House training to ensure all team members have current knowledge of all Ruby Tuesday policies, procedures and specs.
- Supervise and oversee the production and preparation of food and beverage in a manner consistent with established recipes and procedures.
- Follow Operations Playbook to ensure consistent daily operations.
- Utilize digital manager logbook to communicate shift notes, product needs, equipment repairs, and staffing notes with management team.
- Enforcing appropriate security measures at the restaurant so that the safety of our employees and guests are always maintained.
- Manage food, supplies, and liquor costs by conducting weekly inventory.
- Understanding, managing, and practicing safe food handling procedures.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, all state and federal wage and hour regulations, and restaurant filing responsibilities.
- Ensure all equipment is in good repair.
- Manage all processes including line checks, pull thaw, prep lists, food inventory, beverage cost, truck orders, food safety, etc.
- Coach team to ensure food and beverages are prepared to Ruby Tuesday recipe specifications about portion, preparation, and plate presentation.
- Maintain a valid food safety certificate and any local compliance certifications.
- Responsible for execution of new initiatives including new product and menu rollouts.
- Lives our core values every day: Be Real. Do Good. Walk Together.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- High School Diploma or High School equivalency required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prefer 2 years of hands-on restaurant management experience.
- ServSafe Certified preferred or able to obtain certification within 90-days of employment.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Commitment to excellence in friendly service.
- Proven ability growing sales.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Able to analyze issues and problem-solve.
- Sets clear goals for themselves and their team.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Foster collaboration and teamwork within your team.
This position requires regular attendance; the ability to work up to 55 hours per week is required; requires the ability to stand or walk for hours at a time; frequently required to hear, speak, walk, crawl, climb, stand, reach, bend, balance, kneel, stoop, lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.; requires the ability to tolerate significant changes in temperature and frequent immersion of hands in water and cleaning or sanitizing solutions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields