Bowling Green, KY
The Assistant Department Leader is responsible for supporting both the Department and the
Department Leader performing various functions that will help guide and foster a team spirit that
supports both the Employee Charter and the goals of the company. The Assistant
Department Leader is expected to initiate solutions to an array of situations, and maintain
confidentiality. The Assistant Department Leader will have excellent presentation, motivational and
team building skills. This position requires a motivated self-starter who can balance multiple tasks in a
fast paced manufacturing environment with a positive, cooperative attitude.
(This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position.
Team members will be required to follow any other job-related instructions or to perform other job
duties requested by their leader)
- Know and understand Quality and Environmental policies.
- Follows and supports and operating principles
- Establish processes satisfactory to internal and external regulatory requirements
- Review and analyze monthly financial statements and forecasts
- Prepare the annual financial budget and 5-year plan.
- Investigate variances and make recommendations for cost reductions
- Perform inventory, capital, and tooling management
- Assist in the development of department team members
- Prepare reports and present recommendations to top management
- Correlate with the Department Leader to achieve targets and objectives within the department
- Communicate and foster strong working relations with individuals, teams, and the overall
department resulting in positive employee relations
- Develop, and foster strong working relations with individuals, teams, and overall department; carry
out performance assessments, establish development/training requirements of the departmental
team; and implement corrective measures if required in order to sustain effectiveness of services
- Act as a back-up for Department Leader during periods of absence
- Satisfy all regulatory process requirements for the position.
- Provide support to the Department through SAP system process improvements and automation of
- Provide support for incentive programs.
- Prepare annual property tax return
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual financial roll analysis required by Group Office
- Responsible for the implementation of adequate professional practices in all departmental related
- Develop long term budget plan together with the Department Leader for the Department to control
expenditures, assisting the Company and the Steering Team to achieve financial targets and
- Develop programs for Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance tracking, continuous improvement, establish
procedures and job training.
- Participate in short and long-term supplier price reduction initiatives with engineering and materials
departments in order to optimize products being purchased as well as reducing cost from the supply
- Work closely with Divisional counterparts and other divisions to achieve and attain savings
benefiting Company targets and objectives.
- Participate in recruiting of new team members by conducting interviews as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Responsible for leadership of Team Members in assigned Department.
Education and/or Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting required
– Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing
– Experience working with costing in a manufacturing environment including stamping, assembly, welding, and painting of complex components
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields