$63,200 - $94,900 / yr
A water utility is searching for an Asset Administrator to oversee the important tasks of identifying and planning for the continual improvements to the infrastructure of the system.
- Administers all aspects of the ArcGIS SDE Enterprise GIS Database System (10.x), ArcGIS Server, and AMS.
- Coordinates and assigns tasks among the GIS team based on priorities set by the Project Manager and holds the team accountable; provides quarterly progress reports; provides technical guidance and training as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service on all levels of GIS and AMS as a technical resource in assisting and training users to access information, resolve problems, and implement solutions.
- Performs GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis, extraction, and generation using ArcGIS or AutoCAD.
- Maintains the Asset Information System including interaction with GIS, labor, fleet, and inventory control systems; web map services and intranet web mapping applications; GIS layers including QA/QC of GIS data; thematic maps and reports as requested and reports to track maintenance of the District-owned facilities and utilities
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve GIS application problems; communicate with internal and external technical resources and coordinate the acquisition of GIS data from multiple sources.
- Utilize best use practices to determine data format, research data conversions, establish data specifications, update sources and ensure data integrity and successful data integration with GIS.
- Assist Manager with building Asset Management Program (AMP).
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive inventory of assets, including condition assessments, and the process for asset management based on service life and risk.
- Conduct field assessment work of facilities and utility systems, track inventory of infrastructure and equipment, capturing nameplate information, and bar-coding.
- Establish standards, procedures, and documentation related to the District’s GIS and AMP to ensure compliance.
- Make budget recommendations for District’s GIS and Asset Management software and hardware.
- Collaborate with co-workers to develop the AMP; define information specifications, asset knowledge standards, asset information plans, and data quality assurance standards.
- B. S. in Geography, GIS, Environmental Sciences, or related program
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- Basic cartographic skills and experience with Arc GIS 10.x and ESRI products
- Experience with AMP (preferably Elements or similar software)
- Knowledge of ArcGIS suite of software (10.x); administration of an Enterprise GIS database system (SDE) and ArcGIS Servers; GIS-related programming languages and application development environments; AutoCAD or similar drafting software; computer hardware and software and peripherals such as central processing units, and plotters. Knowledge of Asset Management programs (preferably Elements or similar software).
- Ability to coordinate GIS-related activities; troubleshoot problems with GIS applications; data management including database design and QA/QC practices.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater utility systems including practices.
- Ability to follow verbal directions, written policies and procedures accurately and completely; perform and follow-through on diverse tasks, as well as adapt to changing technology, priorities and conditions on demand.
- Aptitude to work independently and collaboratively; train users utilizing techniques for explaining technical concepts and procedures to non-technical users.
- Effectively communicate with supervisors, co-workers, vendors, consultants, contractors, industry personnel and the general public. This includes providing accurate and timely oral reports, and working with many individuals from diverse backgrounds and points of view as part of a project team.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- GISP certification or similar preferred
- Utility experience highly preferred.
Why work here?
- Located in the beautiful Denver, CO area
- Job security
- Organization in operation for over 50 years
- Excellent working environment with a relaxed atmosphere
- Paid time off (PTO) and Holidays
- Benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-term Disability, Pension, 401A all paid by the employer
Salary range: $63,200 – $94,900. (Depending on experience and certifications.)
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields