$100,000 - $110,000 / yr
Our client is a family owned growing operation that prides itself in understaing a good work-life balance. This provider of custom machines is in need of an Applications Engineer to join their team! The Applications Engineer will work on cross functional teams with sales, engineers, designers and the customers! This position will report to the Applications Engineering Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Sales Engineers, customers, internal and external resources to gather information and define a solution for the project being proposed.
- Work with vendors to determine the performance, interface, price, and delivery time of components to be purchased for a project.
- Create proposals that are complete and accurate.
- Create cost estimates that cover the entire cost of a project including labor, parts made in house, parts purchased from suppliers, and other associated costs.
- Produce and modify concepts and layout drawings utilizing AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
- Modify and update existing proposals.
- Recommend changes in procedures, design, or equipment where necessary.
- Upon receipt of an order, relay all pertinent information to the project team.
- Participate in design reviews and customer meetings as needed throughout the production of the project.
- Travel as required to customers or vendors.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering with 5 years of experience or an Associates degree in a related field with 10 years of experience.
- Experience with robots, electric motors, servo motors, conveyors, PLCs and related control systems, specialty machines, gear boxes, pneumatics, bearings, etc.
- Must have machine design experience.
- Experience developing price estimates or proposals for automation equipment.
- Proficient with software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Holiday, sick time and PTO
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields