New Berlin, WI
$77,000 - $90,000 / yr
Our client works in the machine automation and packaging industry. They are looking for talented Applications Engineers to join their team and help create innovative solutions for their clients. If you have a passion for technology and enjoy explaining complex concepts to clients, we want to hear from you!
Why do folks like working here?
- Career growth opportunities.
- Fantastic benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Stable employer!
- Learn the entire operation from the best engineering teams.
- Competitive compensation and bonus opportunities!
- Close to Milwaukee and Chicago – LOTS to do!
The Applications Engineer plays a crucial role in our projects and technical products, specializing in explaining the benefits of our solutions to potential clients. This role involves collaborating with sales and engineering teams, consulting on product development, and conducting presentations to showcase the value of our offerings.
Day to day duties:
– Collaborate with sales and engineering staff to develop project quotes.
– Grow and maintain new business relationships to maximize revenue and margin growth.
– Ensure projects meet system requirements by working closely with customers and engineers.
– Develop sales approaches and pitches tailored to client needs.
– Manage project opportunities through the quoting phase.
– Identify and establish new account relationships through leads, cold calls, and appointments.
– Conduct technical presentations, explaining how our products and services work to customers.
– Establish rapport and trust with customers.
– Plan engineering modifications to meet client demands.
– Recommend cost-effective VMRA products to clients.
– Secure orders, maintain product standards, and ensure timely product delivery.
– Contribute to the Customer Relationship Management process, responding to customer inquiries.
– Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer demands and provide sales support.
– Manage AfterMarket Sales, including quoting spare parts and handling spare part orders.
– Work with the Accounting Department to manage spare part billings.
– Support outside sales efforts and the VP of Business Development as needed.
– Provide regular and detailed status updates.
– Follow all safety rules and practices.
– Regional travel required – about 30%
Some technical expectations for you to consider:
– Proficiency in drafting and drawing using SolidWorks and DraftSight to create project concepts in both 2D and 3D.
– Communicate with external vendors to obtain equipment pricing and lead times.
– Collaborate with VMRA Test Engineering to define testing requirements for design validation during concept development.
– Ability to create robot simulations as needed.
– Facilitate the transfer of information and correspondence gathered during concept development to Project Engineering at project kickoff.
Here’s what you need to be qualified:
– Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering (BSME), Electrical Engineering (BSEE), or a related field from an accredited college or university.
– 1-3 years of engineering design experience.
It would be great if you had these experiences / qualifications:
– Proficiency in drafting and drawing using SolidWorks to create project concepts.
– Experience with SolidWorks and DraftSight is preferred.
– Knowledge of automation or manufacturing-related design.
– Familiarity with automation and manufacturing processes and designs.
If you’re an Applications Engineer with a passion for technical solutions and the ability to bring innovative ideas to life, we encourage you to apply for this role. Join our client’s growing team and be part of creating cutting-edge solutions for our clients.
Note: To comply with state laws, the annual base salary range for this position has been provided as a guideline. The final salary offer will be determined based on factors such as work experience, education/training, key skills, and other considerations.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. The hiring company is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields