Application Engineer – Full-time Direct Hire $85,000 – $100,000 – Charlotte, NC
Full Relo offered
Global Manufacturer of industrial air filtration systems with over 2500 employees in 25 countries, manufacturing facilities in 13 countries on 5 continents and publicly traded. Global headquarters in Sweden, US Headquarters in Charlotte, NC.
As an Application Engineer, you will assist with developing unique technical filtration system conceptual designs for industrial air filtration devices, ducting dampers and distribution products, fans, and air conditioning components, such as air washers (evaporative coolers), chillers, cooling towers and associated piping systems.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead designs applications systems for textile yarn spinning, weaving, nonwoven production, cotton processing, synthetic fiber production, insulation manufacturing, diaper and feminine hygiene product manufacturing, tissue and paper manufacturing, and other fibrous product and dust processes.
- You will define and recognize customers’ technical needs and create a technical solution for the client. You will create proposal drawings such as duct layouts, size and select filters, fans and other such equipment and prepare technical specifications that will be the basis for the estimating department to determine costs so that sales can determine the proposal sales price.
- Facilitate between the project management and project engineering after the sale to ensure the proposed solution is complete and adequate and in accordance with the planned budget. You may perform some detailed project engineering after the sale as needed, depending on the internal engineering department’s capacity.
- Be the expert matter of current filter product lines, customer’s process requirements related to air filtration and conditioning.
- Review and mark up GA Drawings to ensure consistency between engineering design and project scope.
- Provide technical and operational support during project execution cross-divisions.
- May participate in on-site job walks at customer sites within, but not limited to US and Canada.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organizational needs.
Your Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar degree.
- 2 plus years of relevant experience, preferably in application engineering in manufacturing and/or industrial settings, is highly preferred.
Your skills and traits.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D design.
- Ability to travel up to 20% travel may be required to survey customer’s existing sites (typically in the East Coast and times in Ontario, Canada) .
- Analytical capability is required as well as reading and interpreting technical documents and engineering drawings.
- Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Dynamics etc.).
- Self-motivated and self-directed regarding daily tasks.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields