Application Development Manager, XStore POS
The Manager, Application Development maintains an information technology team and environment that consistently supports our client’s business processes. This person needs to provide active coaching to advance individual, team skills and career goals. This individual is responsible for the quality of the product, from application architecture to application support including end-user quality. They engage in requirements gathering, functional spec and code reviews, and project delivery in a way that ensures team members and solutions meet the short and long-term goals of the program. This person is a key influencer in the technology choices for the program, partnering with business partners to craft solutions that meet or exceed the business needs while ensuring they are secure and follow industry best practices. They need to listen and support teams for problem identification, root cause analysis, and decision-making. They are tasked with developing their team and maintaining a healthy and positive environment, addressing issues that teams cannot unblock themselves, making personnel changes where necessary and providing input, guidance, and corrective actions. They confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, and methods. Reviews and evaluates work and prepares performance reports. This manager creates and fosters professional, productive relationships with fellow IT managers, staff, internal business partners, executives and third-party vendors. This position plays a key role in the information technology management team, supervising a team of 5 to 15.
Personnel Management – Supervises direct reports and works with the product management and/or business leaders to ensure work deliverables are accomplished. Provides mentoring, training, and actively assesses/evaluates on-going performance. Engages in continuous coaching and performance management. In addition to project deployment, responsibilities include career development, performance management, and pay determination and communication.
Delivery- Provides oversight and leadership, including active issue management and resolution, to ensure project delivery and success. Ensures technical solution are consistent with company standards. Supports in the development and implementation of the overall strategic vision and integration of broad range ideas.
Resource Management – Assist in the forecasts of resources and capacity needs though the support of the agile groups. Helps in identifying deviations in the product groups and appropriate remediation steps. Understands and communicates changes and impacts.
Planning – Responsible for annual budgetary planning for administrative cost centers. Assists in the development and implementation of business analysis, systems analysis, applications development, and quality assurance and testing policies, standards, procedures and methodologies.
Other Responsibilities – Contributes to vision and leadership regarding technical progress and direction in the IT department. Works to improve systems and processes to enforce simplicity, stability and efficiency. Supports technical standards and processes, including management principles, service methodologies and compliance standards.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Apply consultative approach to strategic, forward-thinking vision and tactical recommendations to IT Director that aligns with business and technology goals to support the core agile’s teams.
- Spring framework
- Hardware and Software Security best practices
- MACH (Microservices, APIs, Cloud, Headless)
- Payment flows in customer-facing applications
- Integrations with peripherals and sleds
- iOS and Android development (Cordova, Phonegap, etc.)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Education Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or related field
- Education Preferred: Master’s degree in computer science or related advanced degree
- Experience Minimum: 5 years of experience in any POS application development and/or support
- Experience Preferred: 10+ years of technology experience, retail management experience; Supervisory experience. 2 years experience working with Oracle POS applications (Xstore, Xstore-mobile, Xcenter, Xadmin, ORCE) is preferred.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields