Administrative Assistant – CPA Firm
San Jose, CA
Top ranked regional CPA firm is searching for talented tax department Administative assistant. Must have CPA firm experience. We provide a wide range of tax and related consulting services to individual and commercial clients in a variety of industries.
We offer a rewarding career path for exceptional and motivated individuals, within a reasonable work / life balance. From the moment your employment begins, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects that will give you the opportunity to stand out and make a difference. We offer high base salaries, overtime paid at time and one half, the option to permanently work from home from any PST or MST location), and exceptional opportunities for career growth. If preferred, either a hybrid or a permanent home based role may be available.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Performs administrative and secretarial work, sometimes of some complexity, requiring independent judgment for, but not limited to, the Partner/Managers for whom they are primarily providing support. The duties include, entering time using time-keeping software on behalf of Partners/Managers or department staff, processing billing to specifications and on Firm timeline, processing expense reports, general office functions and performs related work as designated.
This position also supports the Tax department in the accurate tracking of all tax returns generated by the firm, helping in ordering supplies and forms directly related to the Tax Department. Conducts or manages scanning requirements for document storage as defined or requested.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Composes, types or transcribes routine correspondence or other writing duties as required/requested (Engagement letters, proposals, tax letters, etc.)
- Maintains file of correspondence or other records, electronically or in paper
- Maintains control file of all matters in progress for each assigned Partner/Manager
- Maintains procedures that impact any aspect of Tax Administration processes
- Completes Billing and Invoicing for all assigned team members.
- Enters Time and Expenses for assigned Partners/Managers
- Interprets policies and procedures as established by superiors
- Drafts financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as requested
- Arranges, participates in, and implements, as directed, conferences and committee meetings
- Shares Office duties if wworking hybrid: office filing, kitchen clean-up/organization, front desk receptionist
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor and department staff
- Provides backup Receptionist duties as requested if working hybrid
- Answers routine questions, aids clients where possible or routes calls to appropriate staff members
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars for any assigned Partners as requested or required
- Primary CRM support for assigned support team
- Makes travel arrangements, as requested or required
- Arranges internal/external meetings or conferences and may be asked to take notes/minutes
- Receives, reads and routes incoming mail to Partner or department staff as appropriate or as requested/required
- Works with Partner/Manager to resolve various issues for clients as requested
- May be requested to run client-related errands
- Overtime may be required during Tax season (Feb – April 15; July; Sep – Oct 15) and at other critical times of the year
- Performs related duties as assigned by partners and tax staff.
- Assembles, changes and mails tax returns.
- Orders and distributes tax-related supplies and publications
- Scans all tax materials to appropriate & designated applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately and effectively manage aggressive deadlines and timelines.
- Very detailed oriented
- Self-Sufficient, requiring minimal supervision
- Knowledge of office equipment printers/fax/scanners
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills, able to get along with many kinds of personalities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Dependable, Excellent attendance
- Typing skills of 50+ WPM
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (WORD, EXCEL, Outlook)
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Community college or University graduation (or equivalent)
- Experience in CPA firm
- Experience in TAX Dept of CPA firm
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields