Accounts Receivable Specialist
$20 - $26
Our midsize Northbrook area manufacturing client sees a Full Time Accounts Receivable Specialist to join their growing team.
Outstanding opportunity within a high growth company that offers amazing benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision , 401K (50% match -1st 4%), flex spending, Health Savings Account and competitive and generous PTO.
- Consistent 40 hours/week (no overtime).
This is an ONSITE position.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Perform financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of all financial transactions pertaining to the Accounts Receivable functions of the company.
- Cash application of funds received on customer accounts
- Research payment discrepancies
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Evaluates new customer financial status, D&B credit checks, insurance coverage and customer set up in system.
- Cross training to serve as backup for Accounts Payable
- Responsible for collection of past due accounts and recording of collection notes in the system
- Drafting and sending correspondence or phone calls to customers regarding past due amounts, payment discrepancies or credit limit issues ·
- Review Aged Accounts Receivable reports on customer past due status, outstanding balance makeup and to evaluate effectiveness of current collection policies and procedures ·
- Audits severely delinquent accounts for bad debt status and referral to external collection agency/attorney.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Some college preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of experience required
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields