Accounting Manager – Growing Software Company
Leading the company’s accounting activities in a newly formed organization, the accounting team lead would be expected to work in conjunction with the CFO and the controller to form the accounting function, its processes, policies and controls in alignment with the company’s business goals and in accordance with finance best practices. The accounting team lead will drive the organizational development, recruitment of the accounting professionals and implementations of systems and tools (e.g., ERP) to ensure effective operations of the accounting function.
We are seeking an accounting team lead to support and oversee the execution of the on-going general accounting processes, including month end close processes and account reconciliations. Provide team support, resolution of complex issues, implement standards and approaches, support planning, and support internal external client relationships.
The Accounting Team Lead will:
- Define accounting processes and best practices in collaboration with the CFO and Controller
- Support the design and implementation of a new ERP system and ongoing improvement of the accounting systems and tools in support of the company’s growth
- Review balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and investigate and explain any signigicant variances to budget , forecast and prior year
- Spearhead month end closing activities, including review of various journal entries, variance analysis
- Provie overall leadership and direction of the accounting staff
- Hands on accounting and general ledger activities in support of team performance and tasks in hand
- Streamline processes and procedures while partnering with leadership to drive change.
- Assist in the transition and stabilization of new scope activities
- Lead process improvement initiatives
- Support the annual financial audit
- Ad hoc activities in support of overall project.
- Minimum of 6 years General Ledger/Month-end processing and closing
- Minimum of 3 years of management or leadership experience; training/mentoring others
- Experience working in a global and matrix environment
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in ERP software systems such as Netsuite, SAP, MS Dynamics
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Be able to adapt to change
- Effective oral and communication skills
- Self-motivated, high energy individual with strong decision-making skills
- Highly effective team player with solid communication, written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Desire and ability to motivate and mentor accounting team members
- Eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Pursues work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to achieve primary objective within tight deadlines.
Benefits & Perks
- 401 (k) savings plan
- Growth Development: Tuition reimbursement
- Group life & AD&D, Short & Long Term, EAP
- Paid Holidays and Unlimited PTO Plan
- Flexible Hybrid Work schedules
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefit plan options
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields