Responsible for all areas related to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit/collections and/or invoicing and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with the senior-level Executives and Controller which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Supervise the daily operations of payroll, including overseeing the maintenance of payroll records, logs and files in accordance with Company policy and state and federal laws and regulations.
- Fill in for the payroll clerk as needed.
- Supervise the daily operations of accounts payable, including electronic payment submissions.
- Supervise the daily operations of accounts receivable, including balancing deposits.
- As credit manager, analyze delinquent accounts, provide recommendations for resolution and ensure professional relationships are established and maintained with clients and attorneys.
- Help to ensure an accurate and timely quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly/quarterly financial information.
- Ensure timely filing of state related taxes, receipts, annual reports and any other filings, as needed.
- Assist the Controller/Treasurer in the daily banking requirements.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Respond to inquiries from the VP of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding in financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the Controller/Treasurer to ensure a clean and timely yearend audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provided training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller/Treasurer with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.
Directly supervises two Accounts Payable Clerks, the Payroll Specialist, and two Collections employees.
Education and/or Experience
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, minimum; minimum of two to four years in Public Accounting.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields