The Business Unit Controller is responsible for statutory GAAP and SEC (SOX) compliant accounting as well as all aspects of management reporting for the Performance Chemicals operating segment located in the United States and Canada. In addition, the position will be the lead finance member for M&A or business start-up activities.
- Consolidation of results (income statement, balance sheet and cash flows)
- Ensure maintenance and compliance with of Sarbanes Oxley-based of internal controls
- Integrity of financial information
- Develop and maintain timely, useful financial reports to support management decision making, such as sales, margin, and expense analysis and reporting.
- Lead in month end closing procedures; drafting journal entries, reviewing account activity, identifying necessary accruals and allocations, and highlighting and understanding unbudgeted anomalies.
- Review or prepare month end account reconciliations, proactively rectifying unreconciled transactions
- Evaluate procurement, labor, and production costs across three operational facilities
- Analyze logistics costs
- Analyze return on investment for capital and other project proposals
- Provide audit deliverables and communicates with the internal and external audit teams to determine implementation of best practices
- Identify improvements, make recommendations, and promote ideas
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, participating in professional societies
- Must be helpful, respectful, approachable and team-oriented, building strong working relationships and a team environment
- Must demonstrate efficiency by planning ahead, managing time well, having consistent attendance, being on time, being cost conscious and thinking of better ways to do things.
- Must communicate effectively by listening, writing and speaking clearly and accurately and keeping the team and management informed.
- Must promote cross-training within the department and be willing to help coworkers during absences and high-volume events.
- Must be able to work non-standard hours, as needed
- 10 to 20 percent travel
- Lead or participate in financial due diligence (M&A and expansion or capital projects)
- Expected to be the financial leader of a global team seeking to achieve business growth and profit improvement objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related discipline; CPA or MBA preferred
- 8 years of experience with a public firm or private industrial company; manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley internal accounting control procedures and processes
- Strong U.S. GAAP technical knowledge and ability to research technical guidance
- Experience and/or education in manufacturing preferred
- Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), report writing applications, data extraction logic, and ERP functionality, with knowledge of the following applications favored:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Excel data cubes
- Inventory, manufacturing cost accounting and revenue recognition knowledge preferred
- Must possess the ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields