Account Executive / Sales (Higher Ed)
$80,000 / yr
Best of breed software provider to more than 450 of the nation’s most academically complex colleges and universities to manage their academic catalogs, curriculum, section scheduling, registration, and syllabi management.
Expected to generate new revenue using a 6-12+ month consultative sales process. The Sales Manager is accountable for business growth, company market share, and revenue increases.
Account Executive Responsibilities
- Close sales in a consultative, longer sales cycle, higher price point environment.
- Understand and be able to articulate complex software capabilities.
- Contact potential clients, and identify and uncover client core needs.
- Present/communicate company solutions, products, and services to potential clients.
- Develop and maintain product and industry knowledge.
- Execute and deliver creative, thoughtful, and competitive responses to RFPs in conjunction with our proposal writers.
- Remain current on new developments in higher education technology. Understand changing trends and know what the competition is doing.
- Act as a liaison between the client and the implementation team.
- Attend marketing events such as conferences and webinars, and build relationships with clients. Follow-up on new leads and referrals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: clear, targeted, persuasive.
- Strong client orientation and listening skills: able to understand client requirements and translate them into customization options/plans.
- Exceptional ability to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to operate independently: self-starter in fast-paced environment with strong work ethic.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute: translate broad strategies into tactical plan, and execute the plan over a 3-9 month time span.
- Strong Teamwork: ability to interact effectively cross-functionally with internal resources.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 6 years’ experience in consultative computer software sales is required. Demonstrated success in selling, negotiating business deals, preferably in higher education, technology industry, or in major account sales. Proficiency with SalesForce, MSOffice and web-based presentation tools (such as GoToMeeting).
Flexible, team-oriented environment. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an entrepreneurial, small company environment with the ability to adjust to client schedules.
Salary plus bonus with excellent benefits package. The salary amount is based on the candidate’s experience and background.
Ability to travel up to 25%+ of the time (typically 1-2 trips per month for ~3 days) with peak spikes of 50% travel. The Sales Manager must be able to navigate airports, and locate client facilities. As part of the travel required, should occasionally be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Generally, the Sales Manager position is considered sedentary. They will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment, phones, and computers.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields