10958 Principal Controls Engineer
$130,000 - $150,000 / yr
- Develop and deploy global strategy for manufacturing equipment and control systems. For example: Installation and integration of electrical and automated equipment
- Deploy and support Temperature/Pressure/Vibration/Level and instruments, Transmitters, Variable Frequency Drives, Control Loops
- Deploy and support industrial networks and communications such HART communications, Fieldbus, Modbus, Ethernet, Profibus, DeviceNet, TCP/IP, DH485, DH+,
- Deploy and support low voltage power distribution systems (Variable Frequency Drives, motor starters, etc.)
- PLC Programming in Allen Bradley PLC, SLC 500, Control Logix, Siemens
- HMI/SCADA Programming Allen Bradley Panels, RSView 32, RSView SE/ME Ignition, iFix
- SQL database preferred
- Experience with Augmented Reality / assisted devices preferred
- Lead or assist with electrical control and instrumentation system design projects including, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Preparing project scope documents based upon user requirements,
- Preparing cost estimates, bid packages and outlining equipment specifications,
- Designing or managing the design of industrial control systems,
- Managing construction of electrical control systems on equipment or manufacturing systems,
- Developing protocols and attending factory acceptance tests for constructed equipment or systems and
- Managing the installation, validation and start-up of industrial control systems.
- Coordinate with internal and external resources to drive innovative technology Proof of Concepts and drive Industry 4.0 transformation.
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate maintenance contracts to drive cost savings for the division.
- Perform necessary Request for Capital Expenditures (RCEs) and project scope documentation.
- Lead or assist with manufacturing software system validation to be compliant with 21CFR part 11.
- Coordinate with IT support team to maintain secured IT infrastructure for manufacturing operation.
- Anticipate future needs of the business. Benchmark internally and externally. Recognize indicators of future opportunities; initiate plans to acquire new skills required by changes in technology.
- Integrate financial data with technical data. Analyze complex interdisciplinary problems and identifies their impact; establish probabilities; draws conclusions reflecting broad business needs; understand organizational and financial impact of recommendations, e.g. apply regulatory requirements and recommend best course of action; set complex design and process requirements.
- Mentor others by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interface frequently with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Prepare written communication. Convey information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members, designers, technicians, and other technical personnel, both internal and external to Abbott, using appropriate communication protocols.
- Establish networks. Follow through on project goals; contribute willingly and incorporate the ideas of others; share resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business, e.g. participate in team meetings; serve as a functional expert in cross-project design review.
- Build relationships. Initiate and cultivate open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g. offers assistance; interact effectively with stakeholders at appropriate levels of the organization.
- Resolve underlying problems. Identify full range of customer/ client needs and propose solutions to address them; make alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need, e.g. partners with an outside vendor to provide a better deliverable.
- Report through centralized engineering organization. Work under general direction. Independently determine and develop approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Responsible for standardization and best practices, replicated globally. Require frequent interactions with peers across sites and global regions.
- Identify and quantify technical risks and their consequences relative to the success of part of a project; recommends appropriate action, e.g. reports calculations and recommendations in terms concrete enough for management to make an informed decision.
- Decisions or recommendations would typically achieve department and division objectives.
- Drives functional performance that ensures the highest standards in quality, customer service, and regulatory compliance are met.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or closely related discipline, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence
- 15+ years of significant IT, engineering, and/or operational experience.
- A post-graduate education / degree may contribute towards the desired years of experience.
- Has demonstrated competency within the area of manufacturing controls or IT systems.
- Interacts well with diverse groups within engineering and IT and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, nutritional products, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, or similar industries (preferred).
- Has demonstrated competency with financial systems and in fiscal control.
Back To Job Board
Submit Your Resume
"*" indicates required fields